• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

LED questions

hey,

a lil background... Ive always LOVED spicy food, especially Jamaican food and curry, so one of my friends got me a DIY kit for growing a Buht J.(i cant spell for crap)... well the website made it seem like you add water to the can thing it comes in and in a few months you have peppers... then i did a lil research cause it seemed too easy...

at this point i have just about all the basic stuff i need to know down(watering, nutrition, temp)... but i live in downtown Syracuse NY i have no yard to call my own sooo it has to live in my apartment under LED lighting... i understand the wavelengths i need and the proper ratio but the one thing i haven't found is how much power i need, i am an decent electrician (part of my job) so i under stand all LEDs (i found 10lm 2.5V @20mA red and blue for cheap thru were i work) are not created equal and i was wondering if any one knew approx how many Lumens i would need for a single Buht J. and if there is a "healthy" way to limit its size?

all this is probably in a another topic but i didn't see it...

I switched from HPS to led this year. I am using these: http://www.amazon.com/Grow-Light-High-Power-Round/dp/B005FOV4HO. I have around 72 plants under two of them, and realistically I probably could have stuck with 1 of these lights.. My plants are doing much better with these than they did under a 600w HPS that I had used for the past 3 years. I am not sure if that really helps you in your quest for answers but that is as much as I have to offer. I don't know about the technical I just bought them because they came recommended.

kind of... the biggest problem is 1 watt LEDs can have a variety of outputs based on lens style... right now im looking at some 10watt LEDs running around 350 lumens for the reds and 130 for the blues and im thinkin 8 (6 red 2 blue) totaling 2360 lumens at 80 watts and trying to supplement with whatever light i can squeeze out of the one window in my apartment...

Back