• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Latest haul pics, the darn cold came

The cold came and I had to get outside and start pickin
Peters started to shrivel, had to bring em in ;)
8069251509_71d823b655_z.jpg

Clockwise from left: Lemon drop ( WOW these things can put out, and if the cold woulnt of came it would of put out a ton more!), Scotch Bonnet Annuum with ripe Lemon Drops, Indian PC-1, Peter Peppers, and Jimmy Nardellos.
8069249621_9a4062a29c_c.jpg

Put em all in a paper bag with bananas at the bottom for gas ripening. I still got more on hydro that I had brought inside before the cold hit and will update.

Not sure just where in NM you're at, but I checked the 10-day for the Albuquerque weather. You could have left all those green pods on the plants and let them finish ripening!

I'm in Cleveland, OH, and our highs and lows have been doing the rollercoaster ride, but are generally lower than yours. It's been down into the 30's at nights and up into either the 60's or low 70's during the day, and I have left my plants (in pots) out. The night it got into the 20's I brought 5 plants indoors, but kept 19 out in the unheated, detached garage. All the plants are fine, and more pods are ripening. What you need to be aware of is frost and sustained cold temps. I keep my plants where the frost won't hit them, and because the daytime temps have been up in the 60's and 70's, the cold is not sustained long enough to be a problem. If your plants are in the ground, other than possible frost they should be even better off, as they have the advantage of the heat of the earth.

So 40's at night only? No biggie.

Back