• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting Last harvest for season

A bit new around here, so thought i would have a go at posting some pictures of my last harvest.

rimg16591xa2.jpg

ricoh022rc5.jpg

Hope you enjoy,
Micca

I could definately field some guesses, but could you tell us what types of pods you have there, just so that we can be certain. Looks great by the way!!

WOW... :onfire: Great looking harvest and beautiful pods. I'm hoping for a colorful harvest too, in a few months (if I can get a grip on these pesty aphids).

Nice harvest! Those are some great looking pods.

What are those little white ones? And the darker ones above them? Oh yea, and the orange ones on the far right? :)
I'm now on the hunt for interesting pod & leaf colors for next year.

Nice looking harvest there. Man I wish I had some fresh peppers to add to some dishes. Guess I'll have to wait a few months. Beautiful looking pods though.:cool:

gardenkiller said:
I could definately field some guesses, but could you tell us what types of pods you have there, just so that we can be certain. Looks great by the way!!

Thanks for the comments.
Here we go, hope everyone can follow me. Let's start with the Jalapeno's, Lemondrop(yellow ones under Jals), Brazillian Starfish(left of Jals),Chockolate Habanero(under Lemondrops), Cayenne Pepper(lower left of Chock Habs), Trinidad Perfume(left of Cayenne), Hinkel Hatz(below Cayenne), Aribibi Gusano(lower right of Cayenne), Orange Hab(under Chock Hab), Yellow Hab(next to Chock and Orange Hab), St Martins(below Yellow Hab), One lonely Dorset Naga(next to St Martins), Unknown long orange Chilli, Bishops Hat(right of yellow hab) and finally Trinidad Scorpions(right of Lemondrops).

Omri, I think the ones you are talking about are the Aribibi Gusano. Also got alot of variation on my Scorpions. Some had tails and some had nothing at all, but all were screaming hot!:hell:

Micca

Micca302 said:
Thanks for the comments.
Here we go, hope everyone can follow me. Let's start with the Jalapeno's, Lemondrop(yellow ones under Jals), Brazillian Starfish(left of Jals),Chockolate Habanero(under Lemondrops), Cayenne Pepper(lower left of Chock Habs), Trinidad Perfume(left of Cayenne), Hinkel Hatz(below Cayenne), Aribibi Gusano(lower right of Cayenne), Orange Hab(under Chock Hab), Yellow Hab(next to Chock and Orange Hab), St Martins(below Yellow Hab), One lonely Dorset Naga(next to St Martins), Unknown long orange Chilli, Bishops Hat(right of yellow hab) and finally Trinidad Scorpions(right of Lemondrops).

Omri, I think the ones you are talking about are the Aribibi Gusano. Also got alot of variation on my Scorpions. Some had tails and some had nothing at all, but all were screaming hot!:hell:

Micca

Just out of curiosity how do those Trinidad Perfumes taste. I was actually considering buying some of those seeds. :)

Omri - I normally pick them at the yellow stage(some are still a little yellow), but these were left on the bush for a while and seems like they turn more white. As Rainbowberry said it is a creamy yellow they normally turn(thnks RB). Here is a piccy of my bush showing the little yellow caterpillar.
rimg0173od2.jpg

Rabbit, those Trinidad Perfumes are fantastic. You go to cut one up, smells like a really hot Chinense but when you taste it there is little to no heat. Still has a Chinense flavor, but not as intense.

Micca

Micca302 said:
Omri - I normally pick them at the yellow stage(some are still a little yellow), but these were left on the bush for a while and seems like they turn more white. As Rainbowberry said it is a creamy yellow they normally turn(thnks RB). Here is a piccy of my bush showing the little yellow caterpillar.
rimg0173od2.jpg

Rabbit, those Trinidad Perfumes are fantastic. You go to cut one up, smells like a really hot Chinense but when you taste it there is little to no heat. Still has a Chinense flavor, but not as intense.

Micca
That's a pretty little thing. :) Didn't know they can turn white, though. :shocked:

Nice looking pods Micca, I picked off another one of my Trinidad Scorpion pods this afternoon :onfire: Ive got some Bhuts almost ready too. Might do a batch of Trinidad Scorpion jerky this weekend:shocked: The Fatalii batch I did last weekend is a little on the mild side!

Micca302 nice harvest and a well thought out combination of plants,must be great to start harvesting and get those bad boys into a sauce or dried or roasted or frozen..or my favorite into the mouth..lol must be a rainbow of flavors..stop my post im getting seriously jealous ;)

Micca302

What a marvellous harvest ! I wish I'll have one so colourful and pretty when I finally get any pods :) Congratulations ! :onfire::onfire:

Micca302
Great harvest good looking pods I like Aribibi Gusano like taste of that pepper, I produce those every year also nice images of your harvest great job.

billyboy said:
Nice looking pods Micca, I picked off another one of my Trinidad Scorpion pods this afternoon :onfire: Ive got some Bhuts almost ready too. Might do a batch of Trinidad Scorpion jerky this weekend:shocked: The Fatalii batch I did last weekend is a little on the mild side!

Nice work Billyboy, let me know how you go. I get temped every couple of days to delve into some TS jerky only to remember after having it how bloo.. hot it is! More beer needed.

Talas, I dry most of the Peppers and make alot of jerky or oil. Makes some interesting jerky with all the different types.

915river said:
Micca302
Great harvest good looking pods I like Aribibi Gusano like taste of that pepper, I produce those every year also nice images of your harvest great job.

Hey River, they definately are tasty little devils! Hope yours go well this year.
Micca

Back