• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Largest / Heaviest Hab Smackdown

well i decided to start this post for any Hab type pod...........whats the biggest one or heaviest one you grew?

i know some of you guys have monster habs out there.....here is the biggest one i got so far......

come on guys......post em!

P8080172.jpg

P8100167.jpg

P8100168.jpg

P8100165.jpg

POTAWIE said:
I grew a lot of big Guadaloupe "habs" over the years but I never weighed or measured any.
3018918835_03a05ab82d.jpg

Good lord. Those are big habs. The biggest one I have is a hair over 2 1/4" long and a bit over 1 1/4" wide.

orangehabpod.jpg

orangehabpodwidth.jpg

WHOA! my beer is showing in the second pic.

POTAWIE said:
I grew a lot of big Guadaloupe "habs" over the years but I never weighed or measured any.
Do you Armor All your peppers? :D

POTAWIE said:

I wonder if I am growing the same thing you are, my rather generic sounding "West Indies" habs get very large, are very wrinkled like yours.

Heres some similar shots I took for a comparison.

Sdc10617.jpg

Sdc10614.jpg

Sdc10622.jpg

Silver_Surfer said:
Sorry, no weight as this one has been consumed. :D

6-30-09-Harv.jpg

Silver Surfer, could you identify a few of these peppers? I'm interested in the large yellow one on the ruler, the red ones on the bottom left and the yellows on the bottom. I'm guessing Devil's Tongue, Red Datil and Aji Limon (Chinese) but I could be way off considering I've never grown any of those before. Thanks in advance.

UnNatural said:
This pod was huuuge. It just looks tiny because i have gigantic hands.
minipod.jpg

Freaking Classic Brother!!;)

That morsel looks delicious.

08122009peppers001.jpg

Dig the gorgeous Brown/black on those chocolate SB's..

7 POTS in the upper left, some Purira...some naga...

AND WHAT'S THIS???????

One big freaking C Chinense (geek speak for "hab type" ;)) in the very middle.

Sorry I didn't get the obligitory tape measure in there. I have since consumed said hab. Notice though, the good sized orange habs just up and to the right of it....

Back