• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Just because I feel like it...

I want to again thank each and every person who makes this site the pure awesomesauce that it is.

A few years ago I had never even heard of a habanero, and my idea of heat had no aspect of flavor/growing/camaraderie attached to it.

I've been growing tomatoes for decades, so the move to growing peppers was only a small change, and now, in large part thanks to the community here, I realize that there's so much more than just heat. I was munching on a burger today, thought it somewhat bland, so I went out to my garden and picked a nice ripe hab and diced it up. Fresh habs. From my garden. That I grew into plants from little baby seeds.

There's a whole unexplored realm of flavor and aroma and mind searing heat that I'm taking my real steps into, and I just wanted to thank you guys and let you know how much a rookie pepper grower appreciates a place like this with people such as yourselves in it.

You guys (and gals!) all rock hardcore.

It's also good to have you with us and I hope you'll keep enjoying growing peppers, eating and making hot food as well as talking about it here with your pepper mates for a loooonng time!

Skydiver said:
I want to again thank each and every person who makes this site the pure awesomesauce that it is.

A few years ago I had never even heard of a habanero, and my idea of heat had no aspect of flavor/growing/camaraderie attached to it.

I've been growing tomatoes for decades, so the move to growing peppers was only a small change, and now, in large part thanks to the community here, I realize that there's so much more than just heat. I was munching on a burger today, thought it somewhat bland, so I went out to my garden and picked a nice ripe hab and diced it up. Fresh habs. From my garden. That I grew into plants from little baby seeds.

There's a whole unexplored realm of flavor and aroma and mind searing heat that I'm taking my real steps into, and I just wanted to thank you guys and let you know how much a rookie pepper grower appreciates a place like this with people such as yourselves in it.

Hello Brother where all Chiliheads here..Nice that you have a new hobby that brings you pleasure isnt it..:);)

I'm pretty new here, & I'm totally addicted to this site! I only wish I could grow my own peppers. I live in apartment & I could technically keep some pots on my balcony...but I also have cats so if I had to bring them in due to bad weather...that could only end badly, lol.

But, I LOVE getting new recipe ideas & hearing how crazy you guys are with the stuff you eat :).

Skydiver said:
I was munching on a burger today, thought it somewhat bland, so I went out to my garden and picked a nice ripe hab and diced it up. Fresh habs. From my garden. That I grew into plants from little baby seeds.

That's just WIN! I feel much the same way, THP has changed a lot of things for me too, it's just megalicious.

Glad to have ya mate and keep on truckin' the chiles. :-D

ImpyChick said:
I'm pretty new here, & I'm totally addicted to this site! I only wish I could grow my own peppers. I live in apartment & I could technically keep some pots on my balcony...but I also have cats so if I had to bring them in due to bad weather...that could only end badly, lol.

But, I LOVE getting new recipe ideas & hearing how crazy you guys are with the stuff you eat .

Yeah, it's great finding new and funky things here.

Oh, Impy..I'm 3 stories up in a apt. too..and I still managed to do my "Franken-Grow" on a tabletop next to a window:

S6301289.JPG

Jalapeno..only has been in the window..no lights. Flowering and pods are coming fast.
S6301295.JPG

You can too I bet. ;)

Cheers mates,

QS

ImpyChick said:
That's reassuring, QS :). Maybe next season...

You're welcome. ;-D

Nice thing about indoors..you make your own weather.

EZ thing to do is hit the store, grab some peppers you like, take the seeds out and either stick 'em in a damp coffee filter inside of a ziplock bag, or just plant em in say plastic cups and put plastic wrap over to keep moisture in. Not deep..mebbe a few mm's. Keep them warm at least 70-85F and moist but not wet and they will grow. Until they sprout they don't even need light.

I keep a Jiffy tray for seeds on top of my floro's..they keep em nice and warm.

Yer just faking springtime eh? ;)

gl,

QS

Back