• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Just a beginner need some advice please.

Pam said:
Here's a recipe for a homemade insect spray that uses cayennes.

All-Purpose Insect Spray recipe

1 garlic bulb, chopped or ground
1 quart water
1 small onion, chopped or ground
1 tablespoon liquid soap detergent
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper

Mix garlic, onion, cayenne pepper and water; add liquid soap detergent. Store in a tightly covered jar in the refrigerator for up to one week.

many thanks, but if they are in the soil and not on the plant do i just spray the soil?

that recipe is fine kas. I have used any chile pods that have been hit by bugs or don't look very edible. throw them in the blender with some water. strain through some material - maybe cheesecloth (aren't you a fan of cheesecloth mulletman?), mix in a little detergent and stick it all in a squirt bottle/ pump-pack. it won't hurt your plants - I spray everything. if you've got visible bugs, put on some gloves (optional) and remove them by hand, then spray.

and yes, he's a very cool little dancing chile - that's how I feel after a few habs!

chilliman64 said:
that recipe is fine kas. I have used any chile pods that have been hit by bugs or don't look very edible. throw them in the blender with some water. strain through some material - maybe cheesecloth (aren't you a fan of cheesecloth mulletman?), mix in a little detergent and stick it all in a squirt bottle/ pump-pack. it won't hurt your plants - I spray everything. if you've got visible bugs, put on some gloves (optional) and remove them by hand, then spray.

and yes, he's a very cool little dancing chile - that's how I feel after a few habs!

Cool thanks Im all over it.:cool:

Back