• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

JungleRain's 'Dragon Berry'

Dragon Berry

DSCN1329.JPG

Preamble/Rant
It was a nice day today so I went for a ride on my motorbike down to Anglesea and had a look around the market that was on. While I was walking around looking at all the stalls I came across Grant (JungleRain) with his sauces and stopped to have a chat. After a good chat I decided on some Dragon Berry and some Jungle Mustard and was on my way. Got the sauce home, cracked them open and this is what I found.

Ingredients
Mixed Berries 70%
Onion
Garlic
Bhut Jolokia Chilli 5.6%
Vinegar
Lemon
Sugar
Salt
Spices

Appearance
Purple/Maroon – This sauce has a deep purple/ maroon appearance, looks very berryish.

Aroma
Berries – This sauce has a nice aroma, I THINK it is the mixed berries and the spices you can smell. Regardless of what is creating the aroma it smells really appetising and makes you look forward to eating it.

Consistency
Smooth – The sauce runs out of the bottle smoothly without needing to shake/wack the bottle, it’s also not so thin is runs off your food.

Taste & Texture
Berries – When you first taste this sauce the first thought that springs to mind is berries, after you have tasted the berries you realise that your tongue is burning slightly, you then taste berries again. There are also some nice spices in there that you can taste, though I’m not sure what they are. All up a very nice flavour.

Heat
Mild – The heat in this sauce is not huge, it has enough bite to let you know there is chillies in it but won’t set your tongue on fire. Good heat level for non-chilli heads or for chilli heads to use where you don’t need much heat (deserts).

Application
Ice-Cream – This sauce is perfect for ice-cream and deserts. I got this bottle of sauce specifically to go on my ice-cream and it works perfectly.

DSCN1333.JPG

Conclusion!
Ice-Cream – if you like a nice fruity taste, then you will love this sauce. It is fantastic on deserts (especially ice-cream) and I’m sure it will go very nicely on other food as well.

Price - $8.95 aud (approx. $9.46 usd)

www.junglerain.com.au

Review format borrowed from Raelacea.

I think goes well with anything and it's my favourite- especially bacon. It has a similarity to a berry sweet Worcester sauce taste.

This sounds very similar to my B[sup]3[/sup] sauce. I would give it a try on some grilled chicken or pork. It seems like the combination of berries with white meat works VERY well together. Great looking products Grant!!!

Hey Jon, thanks for the write up, haven't been on the forum much of late
I just found this, It goes great with pancakes too, infact you can use it on just about any type of dessert,
My wife made a pavlova yesterday and topped it of with the Dragon Berry Hot sauce, strawberries and kiwi fruit
we have also added it to cheese cake by swirlling it into the mix before it sets
and even added it to whipped cream then ate it with a rich chocolate cake....

Back