• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

JungleRain's 2011/2012 "superhots" growing season

Here goes...so now I've officially begun my 2011/2012 season,
after alot of decision making today I finally started these seeds by first soaking them for 24hrs
and then I'll transfer them over to jiffy pots tomorrow;

30/07/2011 UPDATE on varieties planted so far

7 pot/pod Brown
7 pot/pod Chocolate
7 pot/pod Savannah
7pot/pod Brain Strain
7pot/pod Barrakapore original strain
7pot/pod Barrakpore
7pot/pod Congo
7pot/pod Douglah
7pot/pod Douglah Hybrid v1 f2
7pot/pod Douglah Hybrid v2 f2
7pot/pod EverGreen
7pot/pod Jonah
7pot/pod Jonah x Trinidad Scorpion Butch T f2
7pot/pod Julian strain
7pot/pod long
7pot/pod Orange
7pot/pod original strain f2 hybrid
7pot/pod Primo
7pot/pod red x 7pot/pod yellow f2
7pot/pod SR
7pot/pod white hybrid
7pot/pod Yellow
7pot/pod Yellow Large
AISPES Elisa Blk f2
AISPES Mili
AISPES Pimento Tiger f3
AISPES Ser Pepper Morouga Blend
AISPES Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate Var 1
AISPES Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate Var 2
AISPES Trinidad Scorpion morouga yellow
Antillais Caribbean
Avenir
Bahamian Goat Pepper
Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia Assam
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate x 7pot/pod Yellow v2 f4
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon
Bhut Jolokia Peach
Bhut Jolokia Purple
Bhut Jolokia White
Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Bih Jolokia
Bih Jolokia Frontal Agritech
Biker Billy Jalapenos
Biker Billy Jalapenos f2
Black Naga
Black Stinger
Cumari ou Passarino (Witches Tit)
Datil x Limon f3
Devil's Tongue Chocolate
Devil's Tongue Yellow
Dorset Naga
Fatalii yellow
Habalokia Talas
Habanero Chocolate
Habanero Yucatan White
Hot Fish
Infinity
Madbalz7
Maldivian heart
Naga Morich
Naga Purple
Naga Scorpion
Naga Viper
Naga x Jalapeno hybrid f2
Nagabon hybrid f2
PI 257132 Ecuardorian Devils Breath
Scotch Bonnet Peach
Scotch Bonnet TFM
Trinidad Scorpion AJ
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate
Trinidad Scorpion Huge
Trinidad Scorpion light yellow large bumpy pod
Trinidad Scorpion Long Tail
Trinidad Scorpion morouga
Trinidad Scorpion morouga yellow
Trinidad Scorpion orange
Trinidad Scorpion SR
Trinidad Scorpion SR strain
Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise
Trinidad Scorpion VV7
Trinidad Scorpion x 7pot/pod
Trinidad Scorpion x Bhut Jolokia f3
Trinidad Scorpion x Congo
Trinidad Scorpion x Pimenta Morango blk
Unknown Brazilian
more pics on the way...

WOW, what a great read! well done sir! love looking at all the amazing pods you have in your arsenal! your crosses look great! i am quite envious! thank you for sharing! look forward to many more pages of greatness!

Bhut Jolokia x Pimenta de Neyde

PimentaTigervariation23.jpg

Beautiful as always.

Did you make this cross, are they F1?

no not my cross Charles, its an AISPES cross, meant to be a Pimenta Tiger,
but not the correct phenotype to be chosen for the Pimenta Tiger from this plant!

Very interesting pod pics, Grant!
Love the colors on the cross;
the uprights are very nice, too : )

Hey Grant,

Love the shots, your hybrids, are the accidental or intentional?

I saw your garden pics, how to you stop cross pollinating with them so close together?

Cheers,

Mezo.

I thought this was C. chinense, interesting. I have one seedling coming up now, I'll be curious to see what it looks like after a bit of growth.
I thought this was C. chinense, interesting. I have one seedling coming up now, I'll be curious to see what it looks like after a bit of growth.

First time I have seen a baccatum listed as Pimenta Morango too. But it does have almost the same pod shape. However it seems to me it could be Pimenta Barro di Robiero, c. baccatum. Spicegeist, the one I sent you is chinense or maybe annuum/chinense like Pimenta da Neyde, it has typical chinense flavors, I received it in 2005 from Brazil.

First time I have seen a baccatum listed as Pimenta Morango too. But it does have almost the same pod shape. However it seems to me it could be Pimenta Barro di Robiero, c. baccatum. Spicegeist, the one I sent you is chinense or maybe annuum/chinense like Pimenta da Neyde, it has typical chinense flavors, I received it in 2005 from Brazil.

Okay, thanks for the background details Donnie. I have 7 or so seedlings growing right now... they're looking good...

These varieties are amazing. I am blown away at some of those crosses. I REALLY love that Primo X Yellow Bhut, what an amazing looking pod. Great job at really taking this to the next level.

Matt

Next level is right! Jungle rain = cross master!

Been subbed to this thread and can see why ur awesome. always checking out your wesite too got some interesting hybribs that I wanna purchase in the near furture but as an apprentice like alot of us money is tight and already have a heap of seeds already i wanna pop. Thinking about starting a few varieties in the next month in a tent under some 2x 110watt t5 shades, then when they get bigger put them ouside in a plastic greenhouse. The only problem is i get frosts in winter where i am so should i hold out a bit longer or will the greenhouse protect them? sorry for all the questions but i respect you and seems your knowledge is great enough to pay attention to.

Thanks for the support guys, I haven't been on the forum too much of late,
been way too busy with everything especially all the harvesting & seed saving etc.....

can you tell me more about that?
Trying to find a "early and super pepper" does this one have some of the aspects?
is it possible to have a pod or 2 to replicate it and test it?

I'm about to harvest the pods from this one today, so I'm not sure on the taste yet, this plant has more roundish pods where as aonther plant of the same crossing has more elongated shaped pods,

I got the seeds from this C. Baccatum direct from Brazil and this is how they named it, the plant grows very large, the C. Chinese variety is a very beautiful dark foliaged plant

That's some awesome piccage there Grant!
Have you had any of your "White Bhuts" ripen to anything close to white yet?

I have 3 different phenotypes growing,
  • one had more oval shape pods and turn a shiney red colour...but not white even when unripe
  • another had bhut shaped pods and are very pale green in colour and now their colouring is orange, not sure yet if this is their final colour
  • and the next one is the same as the previous one but more fatter pods, probably mid way between the other two

Hey Grant,

Love the shots, your hybrids, are the accidental or intentional?

I saw your garden pics, how to you stop cross pollinating with them so close together?

Cheers,

Mezo.

all my crossings are intentional, most are mine but some I also received from other growers on this and other forums

Been subbed to this thread and can see why ur awesome. always checking out your wesite too got some interesting hybribs that I wanna purchase in the near furture but as an apprentice like alot of us money is tight and already have a heap of seeds already i wanna pop. Thinking about starting a few varieties in the next month in a tent under some 2x 110watt t5 shades, then when they get bigger put them ouside in a plastic greenhouse. The only problem is i get frosts in winter where i am so should i hold out a bit longer or will the greenhouse protect them? sorry for all the questions but i respect you and seems your knowledge is great enough to pay attention to.

I'd start them under the lights then keep them inside over winter till the warmer weather come, that what I do.......with all 600 or so

How's it going with all the plants, Grant? I'm eager for some great pictures of ripe pods :D

I'll try and post some pics later today, been taking alot of pics of new and interesting varieties as well as some nice hybrids

Back