• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Jigsaw (trinidad moruga scorpion X ? )

I have some Jigsaw seeds started and kinda want to here everyone's thoughts on the other parent of Jigsaw.
We know one half Trinidad Moruga Scorpion but who's the other?

Is it a Ghost pepper?

Scuba_Steve said:
I would assume a Fatalii, seeing the name is Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw.

The breeder runs Fatalii Gourmet though so I don't think that's a safe bet. He also has the "Fatalii Gourmet Naga Morich" which is just an improved Naga with no Fatalii genetics.

"Fatalii Gourmet" is the trade name Jukka uses and his web site is Fatalii.net. It indicates it comes from him, nothing more.

I`ve heard 2 things about the FG Jigsaw. It`s TSMB x some sort of Naga, or it`s pure Naga and possibly the one recently found by another person in the Indian Embassy in Burma, the so-called E-Naga, which is called that purely to differentiate it from other Naga strains, not renaming it. Jukka may have had that strain for a number of years. I do not know the answer, merely that I `ve heard this, so it`s second hand info at best. 

I know people attempting to grow the FG Jigsaw and E-Naga side by side this year. 

^^^^^What he said ^^^^^

Yip Nigel's on the money there.  It is a TSMB x Naga Morich.  Or to be more specific TSMB x Fatalii Gourmet Naga Morich.  Ever since the release of the Fatalii Jigsaw he doesn't sell seeds of his Fatalii Gourmet Naga Morich anymore.  Go figure.

What I also find quite funny is that ever since THP members have derived the Aji Fantasy White from his yellowish Aji Fantasy he now has the .............wait for it...........

Aji Sparkly White.  Said to be like the Fantasy but with the taste a bit more sparkly.  Maybe it makes sense in Finnish, I dunno.

Yellow Jigsaw sounds outstanding to me.  I fell in love with the jigsaw the first year.  Awesome pepper.  To me it doesn't have the bad after taste that I get from other red supers.  I really like it smoked.

Back