• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Jalapeno Success!

I have been impatiently waiting all summer and fall to pick these jalapenos. This plant has produced about 14 large japs about 3-3.5" each. Thanks to all the good advice from THP folks I was able to leave it alone until they turned red. I am hoping so bad for some heat from these guys. What do you think...poppers? It's going to be a feast. I'm so glad I got a greenhouse this year to keep the chile season going strong. All the plants in the garden outside are long gone. You guys had to hear all the sad stories from the Pacific Northwest folks this year because of the crappy weather, but it wasn't all bad. Just thought I'd share.:dance:
DSC_4771_edited-1.jpg

Wow... that's a lot of ripe jalapenos. Question: Are they still firm? Because this last growing season, I grew several jalapeno types. They didn't seem to last long before turning mushy and, in some cases, wrinkly. By the time one was fully ripe and another started ripening, the first one would already start getting mushy. I've never seen anywhere *near* that many ripe jalapenos on a single plant... two or three if I'm lucky.

I'm actually wondering if jalapenos just don't like my location or something.

ChileAddict, that simple greenhouse has earned it's $absolution. What beautiful red jalapenos!
Yummy Beauties And don't get stuck on poppers.

We have had one of the worse growing seasons for both sides of the NW, and it's not hard to have a bad season on your side.

you could make a little puree....

Back