• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is This T5 bulb going to work?

I have a 4 bulb 24" T5 fixture laying around from my reef tank. I only have 10K and actinic Blue bulbs for it. The other day I went to Homedepot I found some T5 bulbs for it. It is not a common bulb to find since it only measures around 22". It didn't have much info on the packaging only that its 14 watts and 3000K. I took a chance and bought 2 but now that I did some more research it seems that it only puts out 1350 lumens which I think is kinda weak. Will it work or should I return them?

Will a 10,000k bulb do anything for the plants?

I have a 4 bulb 24" T5 fixture laying around from my reef tank. I only have 10K and actinic Blue bulbs for it. The other day I went to Homedepot I found some T5 bulbs for it. It is not a common bulb to find since it only measures around 22". It didn't have much info on the packaging only that its 14 watts and 3000K. I took a chance and bought 2 but now that I did some more research it seems that it only puts out 1350 lumens which I think is kinda weak. Will it work or should I return them?

Not very good! but it will get you started when they sprout, You will need something better asap. It depends on the grow space as well. If two ft works, I suggest a t5 8,000 lumen 6500K light

Not very good! but it will get you started when they sprout, You will need something better asap. It depends on the grow space as well. If two ft works, I suggest a t5 8,000 lumen 6500K light
going to take them back to homedepot.... I really just want to get get some plants going while the weather warms up some more.

going to take them back to homedepot.... I really just want to get get some plants going while the weather warms up some more.

If you want to go the cheap route you can get 3 of the 24inch grow lights at walmart for $11 a piece. this will get you going for 2-3 weeks after they sprout. You will need to upgrade to the t5 I suggested after that which will run you about $90-$100 give or take. Make sure to get a t5 that is 6500K and has good reflectivity! Here is the one I will probably buy. http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-96W-4x-6400K-T5-HO-Fluorescent-Lamp-2-Grow-Light-Bulbs-Fixture-Compact-CFL-/370572569692?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5647d8ac5c

I have been using the T5s w/reflectors for a couple of years now and they have worked nicely for me. I would definitely set it up with the 6.5ks or something close. This is just one of many links out there to the bulbs you're looking for:

http://www.gardenindoorsllc.com/shop/index.php?q=node/60

Back