• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding Is this possible? Sugar Rush and Fish pepper displaying similar traits.

I am growing Sugar Rush Peach and Fish peppers next to each other, and they have been growing into each other space. I am new to pepper growing for the most part, and from what I understand if you have a cross pollination, you wouldn’t see it until the following year potentially.

My question is, can anyone explain the picture below with the two peppers I pulled that clearly have taken on a dark red (identical to the fish pepper) color. You can notice at the top that there are signs of sugar rush stripes, but clearly solid red on the rest of the pepper. They are also growing near Jimmy Nardello’s, but I don’t know that they crossed, however they are similar in color as well. I have looked everywhere on the Internet and can’t find anything about Sugar Rush Peach turning red.

If anyone has any answers to this, or has seen something similar, I would love to find out more information. Is this a case where I should save the seeds from those two and see what happens next year or would I just be wasting my time?
IMG_1995.jpeg

Back