• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is this a Bhut?

I bought these seeds from ebay. They had tons of feed back and sold veggie seeds of all types so I thought it would be a good place to purchase. This was before I found many online vendors that sell these seeds.

Now that I have put all this time into these seeds I want to see if other people think it is really a bhut jolokia. The pods in the pictures are maybe a week into development. I am hoping it is not too soon to tell.

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

Thanks for the confidence. I was thinking so too but with ebay seeds you never know what you might really be getting.

...now if it would just turn purple.:D

mesatrin said:
Thanks for the confidence. I was thinking so too but with ebay seeds you never know what you might really be getting.

These days Bhuts arent really rare (unless they are yellow, purple or striped) so the odds are way better than they were a few years back.

I was going to say that it looks longer than the bhuts I'm growing now but after everyone is confirming they are bhuts, that makes me wonder what the hell I'm growing :shocked:

2.jpg

mesatrin said:
I bought these seeds from ebay. They had tons of feed back and sold veggie seeds of all types so I thought it would be a good place to purchase. This was before I found many online vendors that sell these seeds.

Now that I have put all this time into these seeds I want to see if other people think it is really a bhut jolokia. The pods in the pictures are maybe a week into development. I am hoping it is not too soon to tell.

MrArboc said:
It is so rare that no one has seen it yet. I predict that one of the first sightings will be on Ebay. Same goes for the elusive white bhut.

I honestly can't tell if you are joking...so if you are...shame on you for picking on a newb......shame, sir. :)

PepperLover said:
svtcontour i guess your a naga morich or dosert naga too short pod to be bhut jolokia

You you're right. I just took a look at all the pics and I think the Dorset Naga is the closest match for me.

DarkTrak said:
I honestly can't tell if you are joking...so if you are...shame on you for picking on a newb......shame, sir. :)

I am joking, but there is some truth in it. You have to be carefull with what you buy (of Ebay and similar sites), because sellers seem to name their unknown chiles (unstable crosses) after the popular superhots to make a sale. If you come across something you've never heard of before your first question shouldn't be "How can I get this?" but rather "Why haven't I heard of this before?"

Back