seed-train International Seed Train

international mail can be VERY random, sometimes i buy stuff from ebay that gets shipped from Hong Kong. The best delivery time i had was the same week, the longest, over a month. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the postage time, just the luck of the draw. Even though the package was only going from Florida to Canada it is still International mail, i wouldn't be surprised if this still turns up..

I still have hope! But less and less every day..... I ordered stuff from Hong Kong too and in 2 weeks, the package was home....

You know, guys, I used to beleive there is nothing worse than the Hungarian postal service...but I was surprised. I received a package from the U.S (Milton) within 5 working days, and I was sending back one in the same period of time. So there is hope, Folks! :dance:
Let's the game begin! :rofl:

I just read this : http://thehotpepper....outside-the-us/. Looks like a permit is needed to send seeds..... And the post office today told me there was no way to tell me what happened with the enveloppe. Is it possible that we got robbed because of a dog's nose?

So if I don't receive it, I guess it's just bad luck....

And nobody knew this? sender or receiver?

Mezo.

Am I missing something in the thread? I'm mainly seeing inbound U.S. customs talk via Brasil, with one mention of some form for powder for Canada.

Last time I sent out of country, it was the same customs form. But I'm with Marc. Not familiar with anything in regard to seeds. I even did some googling prior to officially firing this thread up and saw nothing of note.

No telling.

No not for your country, i did find out for my country & posted the info on page 3.

Mezo.

Those were some of the more stringent guidelines I've seen at non-random customs checks. But I believe even those requirements were met, as I think we all tried to include all that info.

I really do think this was either an overzealous agent, or some really bad dumb luck.

Those were some of the more stringent guidelines I've seen at non-random customs checks. But I believe even those requirements were met, as I think we all tried to include all that info.

I really do think this was either an overzealous agent, or some really bad dumb luck.

Or maybe (fingers crossed) a VERY, VERY slow mailing/postal system. So what now? Eephus man, can I make a test and send you some seeds for the ''next'' seed train? A lot of seeds were ''lost in the process'' so the least I can do is to send back some myself!

My mail lady hates me... She quit stopping at my house every day (instead started only stopping by 2x a week) so I reported her (this was after the incident where she cut down tree limbs and filled my mailbox up...). The next box of peppers I shipped out arrived looking as though it had been dropped in a mud puddle and stepped on... It was disappointing to say the least. I got pictures and reported her a second time... I shipped the seed train at the PO in between the first and second reports... Not entirely sure how that works, but I wouldn't put it past her to have done something sinister.

I asked at the post office today, told them what had happened with my package being lost internationally... The employee I spoke to said that there really wasn't much if any thing that could be done - It was neither tracked nor insured. They said they'd "keep an eye out".

I mentioned the situation with my mail carrier, and the woman behind the counter had a seemingly rehearsed line about how the USPS strives to be the epitome of professionalism, blah blah we would never blah blah nothing I can do... She said she was certain that no employee of the gvmt would take something that didn't belong to them. I chuckled. She offered to let me file a formal complaint - which is not written down might I add... The manager said she would speak to my letter carrier, but without verifiable proof there was nothing more she could do RE my letter carrier.

IE it doesn't sound like they are going to do anything.

Also for the curious, I put chili related art supplies on the customs form.

I wonder if it wasn't my local letter carrier, if the chili part caused it to have extra scrutiny?

Back