• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Insanity - The Girls

Just about one month later:

All the chile plants plus in the blue pots in the center, three furthest back have brussels sprouts, eggplant, and purple basil. The little critters leave the chile plants alone, so putting the non-chile plants in the middle helps keep them from being munched on. The brussels sprout lost about 6 leaves about a week ago to nibblers. 
P1010964.JPG

Wooly thyme back left, red romaine lettuce in the two in front of it. Tarragon and rosemary in the pots to the right. I am really surprised that nothing has gone after the lettuce yet.
P1010965.JPG

You can't miss the 6 pots of golden oregano in this pic! Most of the other pots have sprouts in them, some too tiny to see in this pic. Across the back, left to right, another rosemary, green onions, radishes, cucumber. Second row, left to right, purple basil, carrots. I originally had two purple basil in the pot to the far left. These were the ones I had to cut apart. One made it after a bit of a struggle, but the other didn't. Win some, lose some. 
P1010966.JPG

I decided to give up on another eggplant plant that I had - I found fungus gnats in the pot. The plant didn't fare well in the trip over here in the first place, and I had thoughts of keeping it going until it pulled through, but the gnats changed my mind. Plus, I didn't really need two eggplant plants, so into a bag and into the trash it went, soil and all. You know, sometimes you fight the battles and sometimes you just walk away. I've got too much other stuff going on right now to bother. 

Back