• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Indoor Grow Area (Build & Grow) PICS

You may cover this later, but I was wondering about your pot-up strategies:

For the seedlings in 72-cell flats, what size containers do you move to next? Also, when you have multiple plants per cell, how and when do you divide them, or do you just go with one 'winner' per cell?

For the 288-cell flats, what size pots will those lil guys go into next?

Thanks in advance Baker P ..... :cool:

The seedlings in the 72 cell trays some of them are single seed per cell ratio...some of them are not...those will be seperated when about 3 to 4 inches tall and they will all (even the ones who were single seed cell) go into small black 4" nursery pots. This size here....

IMAG0807mod.jpg

Your getting ahead of me...I plan on walking everyone through all the way till these plants are in the ground or pots out in the nursery :) I PROMISE :lol:
I go from these cell trays (any size celled tray) right into those 4" nursery pots... :)

Your getting ahead of me...I plan on walking everyone through all the way till these plants are in the ground or pots out in the nursery :) I PROMISE :lol:
I go from these cell trays (any size celled tray) right into those 4" nursery pots... :)
Ooops, sorry for my impatience. Answers much appreciated as I consider getting my ducks (err...pots) in a row... :cool:

Looking good! I'm gonna come out there in the spring time for sure.

Right now I have to many plants to lug in the garage when we get our cold snaps as it is.

I need to build a stand for my 4x4 ebb&flow table. I was thinking of just getting a smaller rez and putting it on cinder blocks

Looking good! I'm gonna come out there in the spring time for sure.

Right now I have to many plants to lug in the garage when we get our cold snaps as it is.

I need to build a stand for my 4x4 ebb&flow table. I was thinking of just getting a smaller rez and putting it on cinder blocks

Sounds good! You really should come by the nursery sometime.....right now i dont have a bunch of super hots ready to sell....mostly ornamentals and medium hots..But still worth it to stop by and say hi... :) We can talk hydro and such :)

Yah man! I would love to see how you do it on such a large scale.

With work 3 kids and the wife its easy for me to neglect my plants.

LOL well my wife and my 1 year old daughter depend on me to tend these plants...lol so for some reason i usually stay on top of all of it... :) i try my best :)

Lookin good, you defiantly need time to go big. When I head over to your coast to do a lil metal detecting, I'm gonna stop by and say Hi... :beer:

Lookin good, you defiantly need time to go big. When I head over to your coast to do a lil metal detecting, I'm gonna stop by and say Hi... :beer:

Sounds good my friend! :) Gimme a call when u wanna stop by 813 446 0101...just a litte notice would be good as im not always at the nursery :)

Sounds like we need to hire a limo and make a party out of it. You guys pay for the limo and I will jump on in and drink all the :beer: LOL

Sweet find on all the Brains. You are sitting on a gold mine :lol:

Wow man, you pretty much have a setup just like I have been wanting to have for a few years now. I totally am jelous as can be, and really wish to visit if I'm ever around that way. My wife and I are both very interested in growing greenhouse/hydroponic veggies for a living one day, and peppers are kindof a hobby of mine that falls into that category. Good job with this all, I can't wait to start my family farm someday.

Keep up the good work!

Wow man, you pretty much have a setup just like I have been wanting to have for a few years now. I totally am jelous as can be, and really wish to visit if I'm ever around that way. My wife and I are both very interested in growing greenhouse/hydroponic veggies for a living one day, and peppers are kindof a hobby of mine that falls into that category. Good job with this all, I can't wait to start my family farm someday.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the nice words my friend :) You are more than welcome to stop by anytime you like, and bring the wife too :) Im trying to save what we have left down here, and the people on this site have been a huge help! :)

Update :)

Well... I have been working on the DIY Drip System for the top area of the grow unit...I have a bunch of pics and even a video of the first test run of the water pump all hooked up and running :) To be honest, heres the problem with DIY, yes it "CAN" be cheap, but if you dont have ANY pieces to the puzzle at all, it starts to add up quickly! You may find that a tubing you need 4 feet of only comes in 50feet or more packages, not sold by the foot! And even a tubing you need 40 feet of is ONLY sold by the foot and its crazy expensive by the foot...It just depends on what u may have already lying around, some may have to start with nothing and spend a little more $$ or some may have spare tubing and pieces from an old Aquarium they had a few years back or something... Just really depends on what u have to work with :) Ok....with that being said, I had nothing to start with! LOL, so this was not the cheapest build ever but it was not crazy expensive..ended up with a TON of spare tubing (hence the needing 4 feet thing, LOL) and spare pvc and spare end tube holders and spare bits n pieces, so in the end it wasnt that bad considering i have all kinds of stuff to make repairs and such, or expand later at a minimal cost out of pocket then. Total spent so far on just the DIY hydro setup is a little over $130... trays, pump, pvc, tubing, connectors,net pots,and all the "stuff" to build it...well worth the savings by DIY :) Anyway, I am going to attempt to show u some of the steps i took putting it together but i kinda got caught up in the build and taking pictures kinda came and went out of my mind periodically... So i will just post some pics and you guys can figure it out im guessing, its not done by any means, i just wanted to update a little...

This is it all put together, but not laying flat on the top of the container lids...the tubing come rolled up and i still have to work out the bend in it so it will lay flat on the top :)
IMAG0920-2.jpg

Heres a picture of the pump hooked up and pumping water just like it would when placed on top pf the lids with the net pots installed and plants in them
IMAG0925-1.jpg

Close up! Thats 1/2" PVC pipe going into 1/2" PVC t connector, then up and out with 1/2" black plastic tubing then to 1/4" tubing via 1/4" hose connectors and a hole punch :)
IMAG0930-1.jpg

This is a picture of the "end cap" so to speak...its called a "figure 8" end crimp or something...basicly it allows you to just undo and extend if you like or keep it sealed off...
IMAG0933-1.jpg

Heres how it should flow into the center of the net pots sunk into the surface of the container lids...you will see once im done if u cant picture it now :)
IMAG0934-1.jpg

Grow medium and the 6" net pots...Hydroton is the medium...
IMAG0937-1.jpg

And heres what we use to clean the Hydroton and the containers and all that stuff before we use any of it growing plants :) Clean is BETTER, remember that! :)
IMAG0938-1.jpg

To Be Continued....

Back