• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Inauguration LIVE video

I watched, and I make no silly excuses for it. I was so proud to watch the swearing in, I didn't know whether to cheer or cry. I set it up on the breakroom computer, and several of us watched, then we all hugged and high fived.

I am bubbling with joy.

It is a happy day indeed. I was worried the Daily Show wouldn't have any jokes without Bush, but Obama eased that worry when he flubbed his oath. Phew!

Pam said:
I watched, and I make no silly excuses for it. I was so proud to watch the swearing in, I didn't know whether to cheer or cry. I set it up on the breakroom computer, and several of us watched, then we all hugged and high fived.

I am bubbling with joy.

Yeah, i was pretty stoked too, but don't tell anyone. I might lose my e-thug certification.

DickT said:
Didn't really blow my skirt up...

S'ok, I won't tell anyone.

One of the PI's called down a little bit ago, he wanted someone to be excited with, and he knew I'd be glad to share the joy

i really can't see what all the fuss is about, the world still goes round the sun, night follows day and when you wake tomorrow nothing will have changed, someone higher up the ladder will still be crapping on you.

Davetaylor said:
i really can't see what all the fuss is about, the world still goes round the sun, night follows day and when you wake tomorrow nothing will have changed, someone higher up the ladder will still be crapping on you.

It's a pretty huge thing that we have an African american president in 2008, when less than 40 years ago they were still fighting for civil rights. That's why this is one for the history books.

As far as firsts go, thank god we got an African American president instead of a woman president. Nothing against women, just can't stand Clinton.

Davetaylor said:
i understand that it a big thing to an african american in the white house. Other than that nothing will change.

Back, Foul Naysayer, back, I say! Back, or I shall shine my warm and fuzzy joy all over you! I shall chant "Yes we can!" until your surly naysayedness dissolves into bits of gray and purple mist!

You shall not sully my joy and optimism on this day!

Txclosetgrower said:
It's a pretty huge thing that we have an African american president in 2008, when less than 40 years ago they were still fighting for civil rights. That's why this is one for the history books.

Hope someone check the facts in that book before it is printed:shocked:

MrArboc said:
Hope someone check the facts in that book before it is printed:shocked:

Haha we elected his ass in Nov. 2008. Kinda like we elected bush in '00 and '04. Even though he didn't start til the next year, it's still the '08 presidential election.

Nice catch though lol, i do still write 2008 on most things that i have to put the date on.

imaguitargod said:
: stays out of political talk :

Haha yeah, trying to keep this thread away from politics. Kinda hard to do when you're talking about a presidential inauguration, though.

This is a historical thread, not a political thread!

Back