• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

In the lounge

Dan@BLP Labels said:
Ahhh yes - one of my favorite topics. Booze! 8)

Lately, I have been drinking Sam Adams Hefeweizen. Fantastic beer.

For mixers I LOVE rum. My rum of choise is Appleton White Jamaican Rum and Coke. Appleton is one of the best rums out there in my opinion. Very smooth and mellow with a great carmalized sugan cane taste.

I'm thirsty!! :roll:

Dan try the Franziskaner Hefeweizen (with or without lemon) Beats the Sam Adams IMO. Besides any beer with a monk drinking on the label is cool in my book.

huvason said:
Dan@BLP Labels said:

For mixers I LOVE rum. My rum of choise is Appleton White Jamaican Rum and Coke. Appleton is one of the best rums out there in my opinion. Very smooth and mellow with a great carmalized sugan cane taste.

Dan try the Franziskaner Hefeweizen (with or without lemon) Beats the Sam Adams IMO. Besides any beer with a monk drinking on the label is cool in my book.

I have tried it and yes it is a great beer. For some reason it is harder to find in my town. The town I live in has a population of just under 10M people and they all drink Miller Lite. It's hard to get the liquor to stock anythjing that doesn't say Bud or Miller on the bottle. He does, however, stock my Appleton Rum!! :D

bubbaschili said:
i dont want to sound like a alki here but on another thread the subject of beer and drinks came up so i thought i would throw this out to yall what is your "drink of choice"

beer wise i like corona

hard stuff....hmmmmm crown and coke or jack and coke

also i like the taste of a fuzzy navel.

that and of course........"the bubba blast" my own invention.
=============================
Beer? When I'm being good, Mich Ultra. When I'm not, I like LaBatt's Blue and Anchor Steam...oh, and when I can get it, Balashi (Aruba...the best pilsner in the world)

Wine? Chardonnay, Saugignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Shiraz....heck, anything reasonably dry that doesn't have a screw on cork.

Liquor? I like Single Malt Scotch (unless Glenlivet or Glenfiddich) Orange liquor to sip on. I don't do mixed drinks often, other than an occasional vodka gimlet sans vermouth.

Dan@BLP Labels said:
huvason said:
Dan@BLP Labels said:

I have tried it and yes it is a great beer. For some reason it is harder to find in my town. The town I live in has a population of just under 10M people and they all drink Miller Lite. It's hard to get the liquor to stock anythjing that doesn't say Bud or Miller on the bottle. He does, however, stock my Appleton Rum!! :D

Try the Appleton Dark... it's an even better rum. (That's what's on my speed bar when I can't get Barbancour).

T

Ya know.. I've tried the dark and even the Appleton Estates and I much prefer the white. And believe me you.. I gave them all a two week long testing the last time I was in Negril. :shock: :D

Dan@BLP Labels said:
Ya know.. I've tried the dark and even the Appleton Estates and I much prefer the white. And believe me you.. I gave them all a two week long testing the last time I was in Negril. :shock: :beer:

Hmmm, will have to see if the SAQ can bring in a bottle of Appleton white for me... Personally, I can't ever see a light rum tasting better than a dark rum...

Slurp.

:D

ChefEx said:
Anyone heard of Dogfish Head beers?

Those are awesome. My favorite brewery at the moment.

That 90 Minute IPA may be one of the best non-specialty beers around. Just excellent.

In addition to all those great IPAs I really dig the Amort Ale and the Rasin D'etre. I haven't had a chance to try that World Wide Stout but I would love to. :P

Normally I am in the German bier camp but there is one beer from Canada that I really like, Glacier Bay. Good flavor and one of the most unique bottles I've seen. Each bottle has an indent of a beer bottle cap on the bottom of it so you can put one bottle on top of the next and use it as an opener. Very ingenious. I've haven't had it for a long time and to tell the truth I don't know that it's still produced. We used to drink a ton of the stuff when I lived in Colorado though.

Back