• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Impy's "What the heck am I doing?" Bhut Jolokia Tacos

It all started with a trip to the store. I stumbled upon these, and I HAD to get them.

IMAG0573.jpg

I've NEVER had fresh bhut jolokia peppers before so this made me so happy. But...what was I going to do with them?

IMAG0574.jpg

Tacos!

The chosen two:

IMAG0575.jpg

Meat and peppers are done:

IMAG0578.jpg

First plate:

IMAG0577.jpg

These were soooooooooooooooooooo good! I can't wait to find other things to do with these peppers. Any suggestions?

More of those Taco's!!!!!!! and then Fed-Ex a few to Scoville DeVille Twisp, WA.
I'm jealous you have a grocery store that sells Bhut's!
Nice work.

Oh holy hell! When I was cleaning up and putting the leftovers away, I ate a few bits of pepper from the meat. Just those little bits gave me the hiccups! I'm contemplating doing a video of me eating a sliver from a pepper tonight. I'd have to be kinda lit first though, lol. We shall see.

Hiccups.....1 Tablespoon of peanut butter......put in your mouth and press to the roof of your mouth with your tongue.....instant gone......as the peanut butter dissolves the heat comes back and no hiccups. Someone on this forum told me about peanut butter and I have experienced and witnessed it working. Enjoy.

Jack - yeah the peppers are pretty wrinkly. My phone doesn't take close up pics very well.

Armac - the pack was $9 for 9 peppers. Pretty pricy, considering their habs are that much for a pound!

Imp is practicing for the TD!

Oh yea, Impy! Fresh bhut salsa for the Mexican cooking TD......

I'm still blown away you found fresh bhuts for sale in a store. We have to ask our produce department to special order in habaneros. (ps-I live near Scoville DeVille)

Oooh that WOULD be a good idea! But...I have something else in mind :). It's been forever since I've participated in a throwdown, but I have a pretty good idea I think. I'm long overdue for a crown lol. My idea is a fresh take on an old entry of mine...and I'll just leave it like that ;).

Salsalady, I'm blown away by it, too!! That particular store has a HUGE Hispanic foods section where you can find all sorts of things not readily found in other stores. They always have a very nice selection of habs. But bhuts?? That was definitely a first!

COOL! Looking forward to seeing what you got cookin' for the TD. We need more chicks in the TDs!

COOL! Looking forward to seeing what you got cookin' for the TD. We need more chicks in the TDs!

I hear ya! I just got frustrated back when I was participating because I don't have a cool set-up like many participants here, and I don't have a hi-def camera. Those were some major disadvantages! I'd love to give it another shot, though. I've missed this place!

whatever camera you used for the pics to start this thread is a great camera. You got the pepper package, the close up of ingredients, a little fuzzy on the bhuts but whatever~~~~ and a clear taco pic.

No Worries! Camera is good-to-go-

Back