• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Identification Help

Hello everyone,

I've just started growing chilli peppers (Habanero and Fatalli), and am having some problems identifying one particular cultivar. This plant belongs to my flatmate, and one day I pinched one pepper off it and planted the seeds, and I now have a couple of seedlings. However, I asked my flatmate and he doesn't know what cultivar these peppers are. I'm living in Germany at the moment and apparently the most common chilli is the Dutch Red; is this a Dutch Red or something else?

Thanks in advance.

img0631ng.jpg

img0632w.jpg

Hi and welcome to THP it looks like C.annuum but what name I don’t really know … the plants looks in bad shape

I don't know all that much about growing chillies (yet!), but I don't think that his leaving it outside to fend for itself and barely watering it will be doing it much good.

Wow what are temps out there? If you want to get decent pods out of that poor guy you might want to find it a spot with better temps, light, and love :). It can come back and start producing nice for you but it needs a little help first.

Those pods look dried out and sickly as well, probably won't taste very good. Looks like it could be a cayenne type or something which is a c. annuum as the rest have said.

Back