I think I have a Fe deficiency...

Read that Fe is unavailable to plants with a soil pH above ~6.8 I checked mine and it's around the mid 7s. I added lots of bloodmeal and some white vinegar to change the soil pH. Sound like a legit tactic? I already tried adding N and Mg to fight the chlorosis but nothing worked. The leaves are showing interveinal chlorosis and some necrotic spotting far from the edges, atypical of nute burn or Mg defiency.

Tough to see the yellowing and necrosis but here you go. This is a leaf that's beginning to yellow:

TZg3Vx8.jpg

The other leaves were worse so I chopped them off. Never miss a chance to prune!

Not too sure about that. Chinense leaves are always a bit bubbly looking for me and Ca deficiency tends to attack young leaves since it's an immobile nutrient. My young leaves are the best looking so far, it's the older/middle leaves that are yellowing and getting funky. I added some bonemeal just to be sure, though. Thanks. :D

How long ago did you adjust the PH?  If you just did it, be careful about adding too many type of things to work on the symptoms.  It could just be that existing nutrients were locked out due to PH.  Give it some time and see if the PH is the fix.  If it indeed was the PH then having now added all those extra nutrient sources could be a bad thing for your plant.  Especially the blood meal since it is a fast releasing source of N.

You know, a good folier feeding of epsom salt solution might take care of that for you. Based on your description, it seems more like Magnesium than iron BUT, in that HPS light, I can't see anything wrong with the leaves.

Jeff H said:
You know, a good folier feeding of epsom salt solution might take care of that for you. Based on your description, it seems more like Magnesium than iron BUT, in that HPS light, I can't see anything wrong with the leaves.
I tried MgSO4 like I said in the OP, but that's good thinkin'. When plants are flowering and chlorosis occurs, it's usually Mg for me.

compmodder26 said:
How long ago did you adjust the PH?  If you just did it, be careful about adding too many type of things to work on the symptoms.  It could just be that existing nutrients were locked out due to PH.  Give it some time and see if the PH is the fix.  If it indeed was the PH then having now added all those extra nutrient sources could be a bad thing for your plant.  Especially the blood meal since it is a fast releasing source of N.
Added Epsom salts, waited a day and chlorosis had progressed. Added blood meal, chlorosis progressed. Added vinegar, still monitoring. I just added a bit of Jobe's Organics which has bone meal in it as well as some beneficial fungi/bacteria. I realize it's adding a lot at once but I'm not too worried about burn. Blood meal releases N pretty fast, but, in my experience, not nearly fast enough to burn. I agree with you, though. I should have been more careful.

Why don't you try flushing your soil with just plain water. Its really hard to tell whats wrong with that leaf when that HPS is blingin tho.

Jamison said:
Why don't you try flushing your soil with just plain water. Its really hard to tell whats wrong with that leaf when that HPS is blingin tho.
Doesn't seem like there's sense in it just yet. I'll wait a few and if she comes back, I'll just be more rigorous next time. If not, I'll flush and come crying to THP once again. You'd think I'd be semi-good at this after a year! Yeah the HPS is pretty hard to get a picture in, especially if detail is needed. Trust me, there's just some interveinous yellowing and a couple small brown dead spots.

Update:

The newer leaves near the buds are curling down, getting gnarled and yellowing. Ca or Mo deficiency? Ca doesn't explain the yellowing on the lower leaves, Mo does. I have hydro fertilizer with Mo in it, should I foliar feed? 

xaai8JE.jpg

Room temps are either at or below 25C. The light was pretty close but it's about 45cm from them now.

I don't know how reversible this sort of damage will be, I hope it is limited enough where I can prune the damaged leaves and let new growth come in. Mostly, I hope I can get the plant healthy before it starts making flowers from the buds. 

UPDATE:

The stems are getting really soft, I'm losing leaves left and right. Shit, I'm scared I'm going to lose this plant...

Back