• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe-help I need a recipe!

For three bean salad. I've called my mom who has 80+ years experience fixing foods, asked my wife, called my sister - none of them have a recipe.

I have regular green beans, yellow wax beans and Chinese Red Noodle beans that have been blanched and frozen. I want to make a salad. I'm thinking about cooking and cooling them, then adding Italian salad dressing, along with some bell peppers, onions, pepper, cilantro, cumin, vinegar and sugar, but not much cilantro and cumin.

Do you have a tried and tested recipe? They type of beans is not important.

Mike

Blanch the beans in water with a few cloves and a tablespoon of white wine vinegar. Toss with thinly sliced red onions, cucumbers, and dressing of sesame oil, blood orange juice, honey, and white wine vinegar. Let marinate in fridge. Toss again and add sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper, and black sesame seeds. Serve.

Cheers.

Ok this one isnt tried and tested Just thought of it then...so bare with me!

Part cook beans via boiling with half a cup of lemon juice and a tablespoon of crushed ginger added to the water.

Remove and put to the side.

Make a nice italalian style vin...lemon juice white wine vinegar and desired herbs with garlic and aji pine apple. Fry these ingredients (yes fry on high heat) for 1-3 min to infuse flavours together. Remove and cool adding some more white wine vinegar to make a nice consistency!

Pour vin over beans and sprinkle fresh Italian parsley over the top. Have a nice glass of Classic white or Semillon.

Back