• Do you need help identifying a šŸŒ¶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? šŸ¤§
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds i have my seed..but

hey folks,

I bought my bhuts and trini seeds from The Chilli Pepper Company.. ( not advertising, promise). I am wondering if anyone has bought from them? i know the supre hots take time to germinate. I have one seed each in a hydro garden and three seeds each in wet paper towel at around 75-80 degree temps. the hydro garden seeds have been in there for over 2 weeks, the paper towel seeds just under 2 weeks... am i just inpatient or has anyone heard of a low germination rate from said company seeds? :confused:

The superhots take a while to get going. Two weeks is early to give up on them just yet.

I've bought seeds from The Chilli Seed Co before and they worked just fine. Been a few years since I used them though. I had a package from them get confiscated by customs so I found some seed sellers in the states.

Good luck to ya CH Benny.

You should have started two months ago.

It's hit or missā€¦some take off in a few days and others take longer!!

Patience's my friend!!

Good luck!!

I didn't have luck with the paper towel method, however many folks in here swear by it. Ther's also the plastic cup method. I used many methods but the only one that work the best for me was the jiffy greenhouse using a good seed starting soil. I bought a reptile heat mat to speed things up. It took about 3 weeks for my trinidads, but my douglahs sprouted in 10 days. I'm new to this, but I have learenef a lot. Good luck

hey folks,

I bought my bhuts and trini seeds from The Chilli Pepper Company.. ( not advertising, promise). I am wondering if anyone has bought from them? i know the supre hots take time to germinate. I have one seed each in a hydro garden and three seeds each in wet paper towel at around 75-80 degree temps. the hydro garden seeds have been in there for over 2 weeks, the paper towel seeds just under 2 weeks... am i just inpatient or has anyone heard of a low germination rate from said company seeds? :confused:

I've not only heard it, I've experienced it... I ordered three varieties from them this year (all chinenses) and only my Red Savinas germinated and even then the germination rate was poor. Same thing with Hippy... The only ones that worked well for me were from PepperLover, with which I had more than 90% germination rates (from about 50 seeds of 6 different varieties). Now, I'm not knocking any of them, I think it's the luck of the draw more or less. Sometimes you get crappy seeds from one, sometimes from the other... So I just keep ordering massive amounts and overcrowding my grow area! :D

You should have started two months ago.

It's hit or missā€¦some take off in a few days and others take longer!!

Patience's my friend!!

Good luck!!

i know.. i deserver the whip.. life got in the way.. next year 2nd week of Jan is when i start the supers. i think that since i am getting snow now i am just too impatient and wishing to be in the jungle i grew last year.. i had normal orange habs 5 feet tall. outside main garden.. lost some of the picks to a laptop blowup. My lovely wife's tomatoes grew up to and above 7 feet... blew our minds.. we arre bother chompin' at the bit

hey folks,

With the superhots, it can take a long time. I have had bhuts in a week and others that took a month or more. Just keep em moist (not wet) and very warm and they should be fine. Patients patients! :) Hard.I know

I didn't have luck with the paper towel method, however many folks in here swear by it. Ther's also the plastic cup method. I used many methods but the only one that work the best for me was the jiffy greenhouse using a good seed starting soil. I bought a reptile heat mat to speed things up. It took about 3 weeks for my trinidads, but my douglahs sprouted in 10 days. I'm new to this, but I have learenef a lot. Good luck

I'm one of them that swear by the cups! :)

i bought bhut jolokia's and demon red from The Chilli Pepper Company. and none of it germinated for me..:( i waited 2 months.!

i used jiffy pellets and soil mix in a cup. non worked for me..

The superhots take a while to get going. Two weeks is early to give up on them just yet.

I've bought seeds from The Chilli Seed Co before and they worked just fine. Been a few years since I used them though. I had a package from them get confiscated by customs so I found some seed sellers in the states.

Good luck to ya CH Benny.

I was worried about that too when i ordered.. but they made it fine WOOHOO!! They posted it as "Photos"

i bought bhut jolokia's and demon red from The Chilli Pepper Company. and none of it germinated for me..:( i waited 2 months.!

i used jiffy pellets and soil mix in a cup. non worked for me..

Hope i don't feel that pain... but i have had failures in the past so i know how frustrating it is.. hope you have better luck in th future!

I bought seeds from one company this year and hardly any of them germinated. The seeds I bought from the same company last year varied. One type thrived and others 0% germination
I also bought seeds from another company ths year, Peppermania. First time I've bought from them and had close to 100% germination. All the seeds were sown in thee same way. Jiffy seed starting mix, 75-80 degrees. The "superhots" I got from peppermania germinated in 6-14 days.

I have trini seeds I picked up from them and mine germinated in a little over a week last year and this year. Last year I used the Jiffi peat pucks and heat mat and this year I decided to do something different so I won't have to transplant them so fast. I took a 5 gallon pot filled it with soil and planted seeds around every 2 inches put them in my photo tron. This ensures they stay warm, moist, and have room to grow for at least a month or so before I have to plant them up.

I planted a wide variety from habs to superhots. I did the paper towel thing until they just started to sprout. Put them in within a few days of each other. Almost all habs came up within 3 days. Its been just over 2 1/2 weeks and I got my first bhut to come up. Some other superhots took around 2 weeks. I still have more than 1/2 the tray that didn't come up yet. They are on a germinating mat but should come up in the next couple weeks. Just be patient.

Back