• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hydroponic Hydroponics

Not sure am new to it too, but I saw in a couple of videos where the water level has even with the bottom of the netpot..

how big container you using? i have 3 DWC in a 5gallon bucket and 3 gallons is what i use when swapping out nutes. working so far. you can also measure the depth of the net pot, then measure down the inside the bucket and maark it, and see how much water it takes.

For DWC, I put the nute level at mid point of the net pot, especially if the plant is a small one so I dont run the risk of it drying out. It really dosent matter, Ive even filled it up till it was over flowing. Im pretty lax on my 2.5 gal buckets and I get really good results and Ive had those plants going for two years. On the other hand when I put out my 10 gal tub with 16 sites, I have to keep a closer eye on this one as its outside and it runs the risk of losing nutes quicker, but same thing, I'd rather have it full to the top than almost empty. In reality, its said that the nute level should be right under the net pots as the bubbles burst against it and keep the medium moist, but its up to you. The real key is to keep a very humid oxygen rich environment for the roots.

Back