• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hydroponic Hydroponics / 4 Drip Hydroponics

Unless you're set on buying a pre-assembled kit, you can build either of those yourself for cheap. I have a step by step guide I posted in 1 thread for building the exact same thing as that first DWC system.

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=8058&page=2

Cool thing about using rubbermaid container is that if yo uwish to re-configure your system it's as cheap as a new lid. Like you can have different lids for cloning 30 plants or growing 4-8 full size ones.

Whichever way you decide to go, keep us posted :)

And have you figured out what you wanna do for lighting?

check out www.htgsupply.com for best prices I've found so far on lights

i was thinking of one of those 90w leds with the red and blue spectrum..

thanks for the links, checking them out now.. and i will make a log from start to finish and post it...

thanks

Txclosetgrower said:
Unless you're set on buying a pre-assembled kit, you can build either of those yourself for cheap. I have a step by step guide I posted in 1 thread for building the exact same thing as that first DWC system.

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=8058&page=2

Cool thing about using rubbermaid container is that if yo uwish to re-configure your system it's as cheap as a new lid. Like you can have different lids for cloning 30 plants or growing 4-8 full size ones.

Tx,

I agree 1000 percent. A system that has $15 in parts sells for $60 or more, and that doesn't include shipping. A local hydro store sells a simple 4-basket drip system for $75-90, and a DWC system for $65. That's robbery. He wants $12 for a $6 pump, close to $3 for a net pot.

Yeah, if one only needs a pump, or some pots, shipping kills you. But if I was going to build a system (which I am!), the only thing I will buy local is the tub.

Mike

wordwiz said:
Tx,

I agree 1000 percent. A system that has $15 in parts sells for $60 or more, and that doesn't include shipping. A local hydro store sells a simple 4-basket drip system for $75-90, and a DWC system for $65. That's robbery. He wants $12 for a $6 pump, close to $3 for a net pot.

Yeah, if one only needs a pump, or some pots, shipping kills you. But if I was going to build a system (which I am!), the only thing I will buy local is the tub.

Mike

I get all my nutrients at the local hydro store, and all hydro specific items like net cups & media, but all the other components I get at the hardware store. I found that by going back they knock the cost down when I buy stuff, and dude who works there is cool to BS with. I will order all lights online however, those prices are straight ridiculous.

You can get a good enough air pump & stones at petsmart or wal-mart. Water pump I'd get online probably, i was looking at those and good ones can be hella expensive around town.

Tx,

I'll have to check around, but hydroponics seems to be a four-syllable word no one in Cincinnati knows the meaning of! The guy who runs the hydro store is a decent dude, but his prices are stupid. If I can buy a pump on-line for $9, he should be selling it at that price. The reality is that is the only hydro shop in the city (there's another one about 15 miles away) and I guess he figures people will buy from him and pay his inflated prices.

Mike

Hotpeppa said:
Hi there,
i am wondering what the advantages are between the Drip method and just the regular hydroponic method ?
here's a link to what i am considering
1. regular hydroponic kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/CHOICE-HYDROPON...ryZ43555QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
2. 4 Drip Hydroponic kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-DRIP-HYDROPON...ryZ43555QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
or if anyone has a good link to anyother kits that are good, please let me know... thanks
:lol:

They are both the same thing and work the same way.

i grow some of my orchids in semi-hydro, i wonder if that would work for peppers. certainly cheap and easy (unlike me ;) )

Back