• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients hydroponic nutes on soil based plants

Has anybody ever tried to use hydroponic nutrients on a potted plant? I Bought the General Hydro flora series because Im dabbling around with some small hydro projects. I mixed it into some water and I have been using it for my soiled plants. They look amazing! There are no nutrient defiencies in the leaves. It seems like they grow a foot every day. :dance:

I use the Hydro-Gardens 11-11-40 Pepper/Herb hydro formula. It specifically states not to be used in soil. Made a call and spoke with a rep who said that it can be used in "soiless" mixes, ie. Promix. Before using this, I was using the tomato tone and they weren't looking so great. Getting a lot of yellow leaves, even using calmag. After using this, they look absolutely GREAT. Leaves are as green as can be, flowers quit dropping (for the most part)and I've got more peppers growing than I know what to do with. If anyone is interested, HERE'S the link. I have also been oxygenating the water prior to use which may also be a contributing factor.

I use the Hydro-Gardens 11-11-40 Pepper/Herb hydro formula. It specifically states not to be used in soil. Made a call and spoke with a rep who said that it can be used in "soiless" mixes, ie. Promix. Before using this, I was using the tomato tone and they weren't looking so great. Getting a lot of yellow leaves, even using calmag. After using this, they look absolutely GREAT. Leaves are as green as can be, flowers quit dropping (for the most part)and I've got more peppers growing than I know what to do with. If anyone is interested, HERE'S the link. I have also been oxygenating the water prior to use which may also be a contributing factor.
I havnt tried o2 ing the water. Will have to try that.

Back