• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients Hydro finishing nutrients

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on the nutrient levels going into the final weeks of the grow season. I'm running around 600ppm right now and think I should start to back it off to around 300ppm? The bhut pods are all well developed, plants are still growing like mad. Will this help the rippening process? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

for mine, I have several plants that have well over 100 pods that are half through ripening. I haven't changed anything in my nute formula since they first started forming pods and I'm having zero issues.
I've always thought the ppm you can give is based on individual plants and I started mine out at around 200 as seedlings and just built from there (of course cutting back on nitrogen and going more bloom formula as the flowers showed up). I'm at 1000 on one plant and 850 on the rest with awesome results.
I may be doing it wrong but it works for me.
Also I've read that EC is better to use for a measure but I've never tried. I'm just so happy I found a method that works great so I aint changing lol .
Here is a pic of one of my unknown superhots:
20120908_155638.jpg

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on the nutrient levels going into the final weeks of the grow season. I'm running around 600ppm right now and think I should start to back it off to around 300ppm? The bhut pods are all well developed, plants are still growing like mad. Will this help the rippening process? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think you are the right track backing it down to 300ppm.
As the pods ripen, you may even back down further or go plain ole distilled water for the last two weeks.
I am sure you will receive differing opinions, but I like to "flush" whenever possible.

Hey scrufy, I completely agree. If it ain't broke don't fixit. My crop is double yield and double size pods compared to last year. I have also heard that EC is better, fact is is that it's more precise but until my trusty tri-meter dies I'll stick with ppm. Thanks for the reply!

I think you are the right track backing it down to 300ppm.
As the pods ripen, you may even back down further or go plain ole distilled water for the last two weeks.
I am sure you will receive differing opinions, but I like to "flush" whenever possible.

Right on, that's kinda what I was thinking. Flush things out a bit. Figured someone would go on another rant about peppers not being weed! Also heard that a slightly stressed plant will produce a hotter pepper. I'm going for it, I'll take the nutrient right down in a week or so and post the results when I harvest, thanks!

Back