• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer How much of this fertilizer to use?

dragon49 said:

To the posters recommending I add some of the "Worm Power" fertilizer to the top of the soil, is it exactly the same, better, or worse, if I just dissolve some of it in water and water the plant with it?  What is the difference?

I don't have the equipment to brew any tea - maybe when I get a real house some day :)

Thanks
Just go for the top dressing then. If you try and water with it it will most likely settle in your container and make mud in the bottom. Hate to see you waste it.. When you water your top dressing your going to get the same effect. It's full of living microorganisms and nutrients so as it sits on the soil they will work their way into your soil as you water.

If you had the stuff to make tea you would be basically breeding the microorganisms you already have.
JoynersHotPeppers said:
Top dressed all will not pass through first watering but dissolved more will just pass through...my guess
Don't look like it matters at this point though. That plants healthy as hell. Lol

smileyguy697 said:
If you had the stuff to make tea you would be basically breeding the microorganisms you already have.

Don't look like it matters at this point though. That plants healthy as hell. Lol
I agree with that for damn sure...super happy plant!

Lovepeppers said:
Are you using super soil? That s a well fed plant for not ever having nutes given. I wouldn't give any nutes as it looks pretty healthy and not showing me any deficiencies. You may consider giving your plant some Epsom salt which has magnesium and sulfer which help kick in your blooming.

I tablespoon per gallon of water. Soil drench and foliar spray.

Looking good!!!
I haven't bothered with the "Worm Power" yet, but I did water it with a tablespoon of Epsom salt dissolved in a gallon of water.

I have 2 questions:

1 - The water didn't run out the bottom, so should I add another gallon with another tablespoon?

2 - It looks like I'm watering now every 4 days.  Should I give it the Epsom salt with each watering?  If not, then how often should I add it?

Thanks

Granted, I use a different approach than you in fertilizing... that being said... part of my nutrients consist of 6 grams per 5 gallons of "watering solution".  That dosage is quite a bit lower than 1 TBS/ Gallon.  I would estimate it at closer to roughly a rounded TSP per five gallons (I weigh my nutrients so I dont know the volume measurements);  I can not say that it would be bad or good... im just adding data for your consumption.

pepper_rancher said:
Granted, I use a different approach than you in fertilizing... that being said... part of my nutrients consist of 6 grams per 5 gallons of "watering solution".  That dosage is quite a bit lower than 1 TBS/ Gallon.  I would estimate it at closer to roughly a rounded TSP per five gallons (I weigh my nutrients so I dont know the volume measurements);  I can not say that it would be bad or good... im just adding data for your consumption.

Would you mind sharing you fertilizer formula with me - Also, what does your "watering solution" consist of?

I'm still working out my my indoor regimen.  If the buds on the Chocolate Bhut open up, flower and fruit, then I will have a winning formula with what I am doing now, but that is yet to be determined.  Also, keep in mind that this plant will be 100% indoors.

dragon49 said:

Would you mind sharing you fertilizer formula with me - Also, what does your "watering solution" consist of?

I'm still working out my my indoor regimen.  If the buds on the Chocolate Bhut open up, flower and fruit, then I will have a winning formula with what I am doing now, but that is yet to be determined.  Also, keep in mind that this plant will be 100% indoors.

Sure thing, this is a true hydroponic solution, I use it in a hydro growbox like this: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/54589-diy-guide-how-to-make-off-grid-hydroponic-self-watering-container/
and I also water my potted plants with it with every watering.

5 gallons water
12 grams Masterblend 4-18-38
12 grams Calcuim Nitrate
6 grams Magnesium Sulfate (epsom salt)

Mix in that order to prevent nutrient lockout

Hey dragon you forgot to mention about the water that the zebra mussels really really help! They can filter all of lake Champlain 3x a day. Your lucky I wish I lived closer to Lake Erie for that reason

Baseman said:
Hey dragon you forgot to mention about the water that the zebra mussels really really help! They can filter all of lake Champlain 3x a day. Your lucky I wish I lived closer to Lake Erie for that reason
I didn't know about that.

It is my understanding from those in the Cannabis growing culture that this is probably THE best earthworm castings you can buy.
Those will do nothing but good things my friend.

Proud Marine Dad said:
It is my understanding from those in the Cannabis growing culture that this is probably THE best earthworm castings you can buy.
Those will do nothing but good things my friend.
Thanks,

I'm still only using some Epsom salt with the plant that I showed in the thread, but I but a bunch of the castings on top of the soil of another one of my plants.

How do I upload pics I will show you my plants using 4 6 3 fert and 3 15 0 bone meal about every three weeks I add about a tablespoon to the soil around the base of the plant. I also use fish fert and spray it weekly with that. I also use a mixture of two teaspoon Epsom salt mixed with a quart of water and spray foliage on the real hot days over all plants look good and healthy very thick stems and branches
these are my befor and after I did those things

http://imgur.com/DTZkCfr
http://imgur.com/Ua5nnuP
http://imgur.com/2bH2bGu
http://imgur.com/R2tcLMW
http://imgur.com/ZezYgtx
This what it does to a plant this one is 110 days old with fert treatment every three weeks

ABcHONo.jpg

Back