• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

pickling How many people out there put mustard and pickles in a bowl of soup.?

I have never heard of that but....I break up tortilla chips in a bowl, throw on the salsa, sometimes some cheese, most times some sliced chili's, nuke it, and then add a dollop of sour cream and greeen onions. Stir it up and eat it like it was a bowl of oatmeal. Call me kooky...my gal thinks THAT is gross.
Cheers, TB.

what one thinks as gross is another mans paradise A simple thing like this my wife loves katsup on her pizza and that just disgustes me but to her its good..who am I to say either way lol mind you me making stove top stuffing with cheeze whiz cant be to inviting to most either hehehe

CP..I have to give you a little background..bare with me. I wake at 4 am and am on the job at 5 am. I work construction and it is fast paced and I simply am not hungry for breakfast and lunch...a habit I picked up as a fishing guide in Alaska...anywhoo..by the time I get home at about 6 pm I want a quick snack with a beer or two before actually cooking something. I have to admit I am addicted to this concoction I have been eating on average about 4 days a week. I buy Mission corn tortilla chips, and whatever salsa of the month I fancy. Sometimes my own, often a commercial one. I refer to it as "Texican Cereal". Much like cornflakes and milk only spicy corn chips, salsa and sour cream. Simple and hot as I want it to be. Cheers, TB.

i have this friend who loves mustard, i would visit and she'd have four kinds of mustard in her fridge but no milk (in fact, very little else other then jumbo freezies). i would joke with her that some day i'm gonna come visit and find her eating a bowl full of mustard. she put mustard on almost anything, and yet still i have never heard of someone putting mustard in soup...

Canuk Pepperhead said:
I knew a person that loved their fries with mayo..never tried it yet
That's not uncommon in England, though most people have ketchup or brown sauce, otherwise just salt and vinegar.

I agree IGG...if you are referring to one of my ex girlfriends...the one named....MUSTARD!!

Pam...you are always stirring the pot. I like it! And to be sure, I am always in trouble with my gal. She sends me to my room...where all my guitars are! There IS a God!

Cheers, TB.

POTAWIE said:
Who puts ketchup of Kraft Diner? I find that gross but so many people like it.

I don't, but now you got me hungry for mac and cheese!

imaguitargod said:
Mustard is evil IMO....EVVVVVVVVIL I SAY!

You're crazy man! Mustard rocks! Mustard and pretzels with iced tea...a great snack.

dreamtheatervt said:
You're crazy man!
Certifiable!
14.gif

Back