• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting How do you tell if my pepper is ready for harvest. (white bullet/Ivory) Habanero?

Hi,

This is my first time growing white bullet and Ivory Habanero. Just wondering if anybody know when they are ripe for harvest? I assume the color will remain white or cream color?

Thanks

Mark T

Hi there,

Sure here are the pictures.

Ivory Hab
Ivoryhab.jpg

Whitebullet Hab \
whitebullethab1.jpg

whitebullethab2.jpg

Thanks again

Mark T

if you lift the fruit it will fall off. if it does that they are ready

Hi Sicman,

Thanks for the tip. Never thought about it. :-)

Mark T

When your white Bullet are cream colored and not green they are ripe!
It looks like you have some nice ripe ones there! They are yummy and very hot!!

Kevin

I grow a few different types of "Bullets, Peruvians" Once they start to change color they will no longer gain size. Most stay ivory or cream color. If the stem starts to darken or the pods become pliable then they are starting to become over ripe. Cut one open and see if the placenta is green tinged or cream color. They're hottest at the fully ripened stage

Greg

When your white Bullet are cream colored and not green they are ripe!
It looks like you have some nice ripe ones there! They are yummy and very hot!!

Kevin
I grow a few different types of "Bullets, Peruvians" Once they start to change color they will no longer gain size. Most stay ivory or cream color. If the stem starts to darken or the pods become pliable then they are starting to become over ripe. Cut one open and see if the placenta is green tinged or cream color. They're hottest at the fully ripened stage

Greg
the ivory will have an off white/yellowish look when they are ready

thanks your friend Joe

Thanks for the advice. Can't wait to try them :-)

Mark T

Back