• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

fertilizer How do you fertilize?

Capsicum

Banned
Hey everyone. I just want to hear how you fertilize for container growing peppers, organic or not, what do you use?

digital scale
calcium nitrate
potassium nitrate
potassium sulfate
mono-potassium phosphate
magnesium sulphate
plantex csm+b(micronutrients)

and a 30 gallon trashcan :cool:

You could go through all that mixing, or just buy a fertillizer from the store. Some people go organic and use worm tea/bat guano. Personally, I use a mix of both, Fertillize with chemicals one time, organic with the other. I typically fertillize once a week.

I use fish emulsion, sea kelp and espoma plant tone alternately in the soil and fish emulsion with Epson salt as a foliar spray.

i use Dyna-grow Foliage pro or bloom depending on the stage of growth@ 1 tsp/gal at every other watering for the most part and then add other stuff if the plant is showing it needs something. during the warmer months after the plant is fully established i fertilize 3 times and once to flush. but this is my second year growing and last year was lots of trial and error so i am guessing thsi year will be some of the same.

on potted plants i use plant-tone in the initial mix along with some bone meal. then i fertilize with seaweed and fish fertilizer and occasionally mor-bloom once they are fruiting. i also foliar feed with the seaweed every 10 days or so.

I am really caught between Botanicare Pure blend pro grow or Dyna gro. I really like the ingredients in Botanicare but I like the price and the wide range of micro in the Dyna gro. Botanicare is not 100% organic but very close. Is it really true organics is better for you?

i have been top dressing with tomato tone
and foliarating with a botanicare cocktail
also worm jizz

planting in size #five

putting potting soil about half full
then kelp meal some blood and bone and some chicken poo poo
sprayed with AEM and from time to time mychorrizae added
put seedling on top of an inch or so more potting soil up from there
and then fill up the rest with more potting soil

this season may complicate the midway cocktail with more stuff

{maybe home made worm poo poo}

edited to reflect actualities

I am really caught between Botanicare Pure blend pro grow or Dyna gro. I really like the ingredients in Botanicare but I like the price and the wide range of micro in the Dyna gro. Botanicare is not 100% organic but very close. Is it really true organics is better for you?

nutritionally no.

i grow organically because it's just as easy with only a few exceptions (corn, squash), i have an infinite supply of free organic fertilizer (cow poop) and it allows me to sell for a higher price.

Well as stated above not necessarily in terms of nutrient content. But I find organic food more flavourful (especially things like eggs which are so intensively farmed ) and it has to better for you as it doesn't contain or have on the outside of it pesticides or herbicides. How healthy can soya grown with glysophate regularly sprayed over it be compared with organic soy for example??

Just thought I would bring this up again, I decided to get Botanicare pure blend pro 3-2-4 because I really like the NPK ratio more then a lot of other brands. Anyone use this line too? Anyone gow organic in containers?

Cool, heres what is in my fertilizer : Fish Meal, Composted Seabird Guano, Kelp, ect... All in water soluble form.

Anyone have any clue why is says "water soluble magnesium" but the Calcium does not say that? Whats with that???????

I think some ionic compounds are more soluble than others and a lot of calcium compounds don't dissolve very readily in water but rather get broken down in soil over time. Bone meal, crab shells, etc are examples of this. Imagine if a crab shell or a bone were water soluble? I'd feel bad for the animals.

Anywaysss I use Fox Farm nutes. Grow Big/ Tiger Bloom this year with a little CalMag to boost her up. I'm liking my nute cycle this year I'm in love with the fox farm nutes.

I think some ionic compounds are more soluble than others and a lot of calcium compounds don't dissolve very readily in water but rather get broken down in soil over time. Bone meal, crab shells, etc are examples of this. Imagine if a crab shell or a bone were water soluble? I'd feel bad for the animals.

Anywaysss I use Fox Farm nutes. Grow Big/ Tiger Bloom this year with a little CalMag to boost her up. I'm liking my nute cycle this year I'm in love with the fox farm nutes.

Yes I seen very good results with fox farm from my friend. Thanks for the explantation.

Back