• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hot Lemon Question

I am growing a hot lemon for the first time this year in a pot on my balcony..my question is how it should be growing..i have searched but my impatience leads me to post..the flower looks like it should be hot lemon..question is, is it supposed to grow upright like a Thai Dragon? Tried a green one that broke off because they are growing faster than they can tip over, and it was fairly hot..is this the way a hot lemon grows?

20110731081512.jpg

By grillcheese at 2011-08-02

20110606122850.jpg

By grillcheese at 2011-08-02

baccatum flowers and the shape/size of it suggests that it might be a Aji Limon.

Hot Lemons are chinenses.

+1 on the Aji Limon... flower definitely looks baccatum. Description from thechileman.org database:

"Aji Limon: Also called Peru Yellow. The hot fruits grows horizontally and sometimes erect. Measuring about 1,5 inches long and 0,5 inches in diameter, the pods have lemony overtones that suites fish and shellfish, as well chicken, ceviche, salsa, mojo, and salads"

you may be right, Avon.

There's just alot of chili species with either 'Limon' or 'Lemon' in their names...

http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?chile=1&find=limon&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any&submit=Search

http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?find=lemon+&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any&chile=1&submit=Search

Looks like you got AJI Limon

Yeah there are a lot of them. I have hot lemon and aji limon and I can't tell any difference between them. Lemon drop is another name for it. I think there is an aji limo that is a chinense though. BTW, I just chopped up about 5 aji limon/hot lemon/lemon drop and put them on a hawaiin pizza, dericious.

I'm growing a few Aji Lemons and they look exactly the same as in your photo. They tend to start growing upright (but not all do), and then droop down as the pods get heavier. They are delicious when ripe - you wont be disappointed! :woohoo:

Back