• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hot Foods and Dieting

Thought I would ask you lovely people for advice on this situation since you guys are the leading experts, and you're all so great at what you do (/flattery). :lol:

I started South Beach Diet a few weeks ago. Part of it is that I have to watch my sugar intake, and I'm looking for suggestions on including hot sauce/hot peppers in my diet. Looking through my own collection, the Tabasco brand stuff is out for the most part. Thanks for any help.

scullytoo said:
Thought I would ask you lovely people for advice on this situation since you guys are the leading experts, and you're all so great at what you do (/flattery). :D
:oops:....That's nice of you to say.

Remember store bought hot sauces are only one ascpect of sauces...you could custom make your own hot sauce to fit your dietary needs.

Try fresh jalapenos ( fresh,raw chiles in general) on a salad. I've been eating that a lot lately at night as opposed to a heavy meal. I add fat free cottage cheese to give it some protein. I've lost about 3 waist sizes since January and my beer gut is almost gone...although I also do about 80-120 sit-ups a night.

Raw foods are very good for you. Try to eat as much raw vegtables and fruit as you can everyday.

South beach has stages? Is that the diet I'm thinking of? I think you should be able to sub the hot peppers for the bell peppers in the diet. Any one know for sure?

Hot peppers also have the added bonus of inceasing metabolism. So in essence, the more hot foods you eat, the more weight you lose. Man, talking about a win/win.

Back