• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Homemade Mustard

I've been experimenting with making mustard lately. Some spicy some not. Recently made a batch of IPA scotch bonnet mustard and a batch of pale ale honey mustard. 

Today I made a batch with West Coast IPA, Orange, Honey, Ginger, Champagne vinegar, Shallot, Rosemary and Thyme. Blend of Black, Brown and Yellow mustard seeds. 

Soaked the seeds overnight in beer and vinegar, added rest of the ingredients and ran in food processor until silky

ujrhoSt.jpg

Canned it 

BIuCJNx.jpg

8zqRn6u.jpg

Also made a batch of Xhot Giardiniera 

Z8Bu6oH.jpg

ihK9wJt.jpg

Nice! Did you pressure or bwb the mustard?

I usually get mine from Publix if it's just the brown seed.

I can go to a local spice shop which literally has any and everything I want though if I'm doing black, brown and white seed.

D3monic. Cant send you any new messages.

I tried to follow your IG link you have up and it directs me to d3monic_peppers which is a broken link. However I did find you under d3monic_sauceworks. Just giving you a heads up. Have a great day bro!

Thanks, Ill try to fix it

Edit: Guess I can't because my extreme membership lapsed. I just deleted the link instead.

Cool, thanks guys.  I gotta get a food processor and try some out.  I have like six two year old horseradish plants that I'm gonna harvest after first frost and mustard will be a damn good way to use up some of it.

I got some mustard at a craft fair a couple of years ago that ended up being my favorite mustard ever. Mustard seed, with datils and wasabi. Shizz was bangin!

Back