• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Help!

I'd appreciate any advice on what to do to stimulate my appetite and easy to fix recipes. After my last hospitalization I lost 30 lbs. Almost nothing seems to taste good.I don't want to rely on tv dinners. Thanks.

eating maryjuana edibles makes me hungry! as far recipes, i make a lot of baked zitis since it makes enough for dinner, and lunch for a few days and all you do is cook noodles, heat up sauce mix add cheese and bake.

Quite a coincidence you posted about stimulating your appetite at 4:20.

Anyway there's lots of easy stuff to prepare. If you're looking for spicy try some red chile. I've never seen a bag of red chile powder without a basic recipe on it. Huevos Rancheros is also very easy. Chile Rellenos aren't too difficult.

Grab some Jalapenos and stuff them with cheese. Wrap them in bacon and grill or bake them.

How can you not enjoy ice cream or coconut ginger curry?

Here's a pretty simple dish that tastes better than it sounds:

Saute some garlic cloves in olive oil. Remove them and fry sliced zucchini until it's dark brown. Cook some angel hair pasta and toss with the oil you used to fry the squash. Top with the sliced squash and pile on a good helping of (fresh) grated romano or parmesan cheese. Eat!

Also, melting some chocolate in a double boiler and dipping peppers in it never disappoints me.

a long time ago, before my hair started to slightly grey, i was a strapping, handsome young man, 6 ft tall, dark hair and tanned........ wait, wrong stimulus, sorry!

a long time ago, before my college days and just after high school, i took a job as a baker, yep, i am a certified baker, to this day, the smell of a bakery, sends me into salivating mode. get ready for this....hope you are sitting down, but the smell of freshly baked chunky cheese bread makes my stomach think it's empty and sends my eyes rolling up into the back of my head as i grip my growling tummy..... did that temped you?

if you don't have a bakery near by and don't have they tools or strength to make your own, you could always purchase a loaf and then reheat it in the oven. cheese tea biscuits are always a nice sweet added surprise to have midday, i do that for my girls sometimes when the get home from school and the house goes completely silence. if bread/gluten is not your thing, perhaps another form of gluten free dough with added cinnamon, gently heated. please don't tell me you hate the smell of warm cinnamon!

i hope this brings a few tips to assist in appetite stimulation, hope you made it this far in reading and didn't get stuck on the first sentence and most of all, i hope you feel well and get well, you are a valued member here. well, gotta go, i made a nice large pot of spaghetti sauce and my tummy is starting to rumble!

Back