• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Help IDing a plant thought to be 'Leonurus sibiricus'

Well I received seeds labeled as Leonurus sibiricus, so obviously that's what I thought they were...
Sowed some, they germinated and after a bit (slow growers) they finally grew their first true leaves. now the thing is, Leonurus sibiricus (and every other member of the Leonurus genus) has a very distinct leaf shape, as you can see bellow:
untited1.jpg

Now my "Leonurus sibiricus" does NOT have that same leaf shape:
4389923896_ca167a20cd.jpg

It looks like the members of the Leonotis genus, such as the Leonotis leonurus and Leonotis nepetifolia. most likely a Leonotis leonurus (Wild Dagga), but I'm not sure. can anyone confirm?

Also, I would greatly appreciate if anyone has a reliable source for true Leonurus sibiricus seeds, as I really want to grow the legendary 'Marijuanilla'.

Eventually I would like to grow them all, so not that upset, but still... somewhat disappointing.

Wow, so many comments! :lol:

Well apparently I bought those seeds (:shocked:), so I emailed them. got a fast reply where they asked me for my address to send me some fresh and true Leonurus sibiricus seeds.
I'm quite happy right now. I REALLY want to grow the true Marijuanilla.

Omri you might be jumping the gun saying your seedling is not Leonurus sibiricus or marijuanilla. The first true leaves on a the real deal mj plant start off with just a single leaf, then three blades, five blades, seven you get the deal. That is a cool looking plant you have there hope it grow true and you are able to share some seeds. Let it grow a couple nodes and several sets of leaves and see what it does. Disclaimer talking solely about Leonurus sibiricus.

Noshownate said:
what would oyu use Leonurus sibiricus for?
jjs7741 said:
Never heard of it so googled it. Similar to weed, but still legal here in the states.

jacob
Hey, it's legal... so why won't we just agree it's a purdy plant and that's it. no smoking allowed in Omri's thread. :lol:
Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Omri you might be jumping the gun saying your seedling is not Leonurus sibiricus or marijuanilla. The first true leaves on a the real deal mj plant start off with just a single leaf, then three blades, five blades, seven you get the deal. That is a cool looking plant you have there hope it grow true and you are able to share some seeds. Let it grow a couple nodes and several sets of leaves and see what it does. Disclaimer talking solely about Leonurus sibiricus.
Of all the pictures I've seen, true Leonurus sibiricus starts with flat long blades that grow into that chicken foot shape. mine started exactly like the ones of a different genus related to the Leonurus sibiricus. I doubt it'll suddenly grow true leaves, but I'm still growing it so we'll see. BTW this plant has nothing to do with the real thing, it's part of the Mint family.

so you would grow this as an ornamental im taking from what you are saying.

I would love to grow this sooooo OMRI my maaaann!!!:) if you have any extra seed even just a few I would love to try this plant when the time comes! love to see how your plant is looking now

so you would grow this as an ornamental im taking from what you are saying.

I would love to grow this sooooo OMRI my maaaann!!!:) if you have any extra seed even just a few I would love to try this plant when the time comes! love to see how your plant is looking now
I know I'm a bit late, but guess I missed your comment. the plant kinda died off eventually, but my guess it's Leonurus cardiaca. still got the original seeds and will mail you some if you like. I also might have some true Leonotis leonurus, Leonotis leonurus var. alba, Leonotis nepetifolia and Leonurus sibiricus seeds in a couple of months so if you want some...

Back