• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video Hello. Video tour of my plants and old time lapse

Hello.
I'm pretty new round here, my name is Paul and live in the south of England, I've been growing chillies for about 4 years.
I've learnt alot from this forum so thank you everybody.
Here is a video tour of this years plants and a time lapse of them growing from seeds under lights.
Any compliments or advice welcome.

Tour
Time Lapse

Mighty nice looking plants!
What is the fabric of those pots ? How do you drain them ? I'm talking about the beginning of the first video.

As for the second video, that's sick! how on earth did you get to film those ? We would like to see the gear ;)

lucilanga said:
Mighty nice looking plants!
What is the fabric of those pots ? How do you drain them ? I'm talking about the beginning of the first video.

As for the second video, that's sick! how on earth did you get to film those ? We would like to see the gear ;)
Thanks! The sacks are recycled polythene I got them from http://www.hadopots.co.uk/ based in the UK but you can get them sent to France. They were really cheap and easy to send as they fold up really small. They have several large drainage holes in the bottom which seem to work well. 

The time lapse was done with a cheap Webcam in my grow tent set to take a photo every ten seconds. Then I just converted the JPG to  a video file. Nothing special. Webcam was only £20 and the software was all free.    

JoeFish said:
Cool vids!
Thanks

AZ-Mason said:
I love all time lapses, but that one shows their movement awesomely!
Thanks. I love the way they look like they are dancing!

Thanks! The sacks are recycled polythene I got them from http://www.hadopots.co.uk/ based in the UK but you can get them sent to France. They were really cheap and easy to send as they fold up really small. They have several large drainage holes in the bottom which seem to work well. 

Thank you! That's a great tip. Unfortunately they do not take international orders on their site. However there's always amazon for that purpose :)
Shipping is indeed very cheap.
One question I have though, they say those pots are portable, but I'm curious how do you move a 36L pot ?
I've seen no handles whatsoever and I'm not entirely sure lifting by the sides will hold without tearing the fabric.

The time lapse was done with a cheap Webcam in my grow tent set to take a photo every ten seconds. Then I just converted the JPG to  a video file. Nothing special. Webcam was only £20 and the software was all free.  

You should document it. It's cool stuff. I never thought of actually placing the camera inside the tent.
I wonder how this is going to work if I place the camera outside, with all the wind, rain, day/night.

lucilanga said:

Thank you! That's a great tip. Unfortunately they do not take international orders on their site. However there's always amazon for that purpose :)
Shipping is indeed very cheap.
One question I have though, they say those pots are portable, but I'm curious how do you move a 36L pot ?
I've seen no handles whatsoever and I'm not entirely sure lifting by the sides will hold without tearing the fabric.

You should document it. It's cool stuff. I never thought of actually placing the camera inside the tent.
I wonder how this is going to work if I place the camera outside, with all the wind, rain, day/night.

Yeah they are pretty heavy but the material is tough so you can slide them along the ground or before you water them you can lift them.
I only wish they made them in white. You can get web cams that are for outside use, they are wireless apart from power, just search Amazon for IP cameras.

Back