Hello from Auckland, New Zealand

I have been lurking for a while now so thought I should sign up and become a contibuting member of THP!

I tried growing chillies for the first time last season just throwing 8 plants in the garden. Of these a very productive Fatalii and a Hugarian Hot wax have become good friends to me and a very unproductive (just 5 pods) Trinidad Scorpion gave me a first experience with super hots. Chilli con carne with the TS was fantastic and cooking with fresh chillie peppers, in general, has been a massive eye opener and I wish I had known last season what I know now and planted many more plants.

Anyway season 1 is under my belt. I have promised myself I would never run out of fresh chillies again and to this end I have gone a little crazy and have about 35 varieties lined up for the coming season.

I have already learnt so much reading the forums here, it is great to have some many knowledgable people all discussing a common love. :party:

Once further thing... my registration on THP didn't go smoothly for whatever reason and I needed some help from Admin. Thank you very much to administrator who sorted out this issue for me. This should have been the first thing I mentioned.

Welcome from the North Shore of Auckland, brother :D
35 varieties, aye?
A small tip is to not buy your seeds off the non-specific chilli ops - I have had too many crap out.
And germinate June-July :D
That's my knowledge from 2 seasons.

Thank you for the warm welcome all!

ChilliNZ, I went a little crazy and got a few seeds. Got them from Fatalii.net, Kings seeds and the 2 largest chilli seed suppliers on trade-me. Which of these suppliers might isolate is anyones guess, none of them maybe. I am definately going to clone where I can. Keen for a seed trade?

:welcome: from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

¡Hola! and welcome from south FL
880smile-1.png

Back