• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients Has anyone ever used "X Nutrients"

My friend works at a local hydroponics shop and was given samples of "X Nutrients" brand. All liquid nutes. Veg, Flower, and Micro. Wondering if anyone else has heard of or used this brand. I've read online and watched YouTube videos regarding the brand. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks! :hell:

I just started using it in my micro-hydro. So I can't say yet.

I did try their cloning gel and like it alot, I like it better than cloneX or shultz powder. So far the cuttings all have nice white roots shooting out of the perfect starts after 10 days. Which of course only indicates I may be getting better at taking cuttings as oposed to the actual cloning material.

I just started using it in my micro-hydro. So I can't say yet.

I did try their cloning gel and like it alot, I like it better than cloneX or shultz powder. So far the cuttings all have nice white roots shooting out of the perfect starts after 10 days. Which of course only indicates I may be getting better at taking cuttings as oposed to the actual cloning material.

Thank you for the reply :woohoo:

I am excited to try it...especially since I can get it for free! That's the BEST price LOL. What kind of cut did you make? Angled cut off main plant then a lateral 'shave' of an inch or so at the end of the stem?

I did the basic 45degree cut then peeled the outer layer of stem for about 3/8 of an inch around the cut. Dipped them to the bottom of the little .5oz sample and stuck the cuttings in perfect starts that I had split down the side so I wouldn't damage the cutting anymore than necessary.

They also have a Facebook page you can subscribe to. Not that there is much info there, but they do have giveaways every month.

And I'm guessing it's the owner that runs the page, and he is really good at answering questions. I have asked a few questions and he was real quick and thorough about answering them.

I'm glad to hear their customer service is respectable. A lot of those companies out of California are just in it to make money. They sell an inferior product at a lower cost, naturally. I have 4 pepper strains germinating that I will be growing with the X Nutes.

Hungarian Hot Wax
False Alarm Hab Hybrid
Sweet Banana Peppers
Biker Billy Hybrid (supposedly very hot)

First time I've bought seeds from the company "Burpee".

We will see how well they germinate, grow, and produce...

I have been using them and like them so far. Its my first grow and I had a case of nute burn earlier, but now that dropped my ppm down it seems to be doing really good. I have actually been kind of keep a log of it. I am going to update it again tomorrow if you want to check it out at pepperhaven.wordpress.com

Back