• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Habanero foliage

I'm curious about the foliage of Orange Habanero plants. The Orange Habanero plants I've grown from 3 sources produced leaves that were less crinkly than the some of the other Capsicum Chinense varieties I grew.

Does anyone have a good photo of the foliage of a healthy Orange Habanero plant to share?

trying this on our new Panasonic dmc-zs8 camera, i have no idea how to use it but i did figure out how to just snap a single picture, so i apologize if the picture turns out to be monsterous in size:

what you should see are 3 plants. the left was grown from local grocery store orange habanero seed(2 years old), the middle is from mackenzie seeds package(4 years old), right was purchased last year from home depot. so, all plants have been over wintered.

P1000030.jpg

Following up on the plants from the third source the plant above didn't survive the winter another one but one did:
6Lko4.jpg

Habanero (not Fatalii) regrowth and developing flowers

Foliar feeding with CalMag yielded good results through late winter to early spring. There aren't any noticeable crinkles in the leaves. Another plant from the same batch that is probably a C. Chinense hybrid produced crinkly leaves after a week of no CalMag.

Following up on the plants from the third source the plant above didn't survive the winter another one but one did:
6Lko4.jpg

Habanero (not Fatalii) regrowth and developing flowers

Foliar feeding with CalMag yielded good results through late winter to early spring. There aren't any noticeable crinkles in the leaves. Another plant from the same batch that is probably a C. Chinense hybrid produced crinkly leaves after a week of no CalMag.

jJLWQ.jpg

Habanero (not Fatalii) bush

The foliage on the plant has remained consistent with that shown in the earlier photo. This along with the Peruvian White are the bushiest plants I have.

here are the pics of my orange habs leaves
IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

Eric

The leaves that were on your plants are consistent with what I have seen on plants that spend more time in shade than mine.

Back