• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff H said:

H335 is $150/8 lbs in bulk so for that round you are about $.035 for the powder. Primers are about the same price $35/1000 25grain Hornady bullets are $16.50/100 so about $.16 each- you should be able to get them cheaper in higher quantity but I didn't see any. Add that all together and you get $.23/each not counting the cost of the brass which is reusable.

The more you buy in bulk, the cheaper this hobby gets. Both primers and powders have HazMat charges that add up quick.

.23 cents...

out of curiosity, how does that compare to something super super common like 45 acp?

appreciate the info btw, thanks!

45ACP is a great low pressure load that works well with bear lead bullets. If you go that route, the bullets can be free if you cast them yourself. Otherwise expect to spend $40-50/500 depending on the bullet. More for plated or FMJ.

As cheap as possible:
Bullet   Free
Powder $.02
Primer   $.035

Commercial lead bullet
Bullet $.09
Powder $.02
Primer   $.035

ahhhh... BOOLITS. i love that people still cast their own. 

someday im going to get a nice ruger falling block in 45-70... maby ill try casting some lead BOOLITS for fun.

paulky_2000 said:
I wish I knew someone that could teach me how to reload.....

...it's like the dog that can lick his own genitals:

If I could learn how to do it...I'd never leave the house! ;)

I googled one of your local gun clubs. http://bggrgc.com/ certainly someone there would be more than willing to help. Other than that, you're just 3-1/2 hours south. Come up for the afternoon. :rofl: I have beer.  :rofl:  :rofl:

Otherwise, buy the book the "ABC's of Reloading" and read up on thehighroad.org their reloaders are knowledgeable.

My new potato.....fresh out of the box. 

The Tristar T-120:

uAFASnN.jpg

j965ooe.jpg

ttQ44RP.jpg

ZIEutub.jpg

I've already ordered an new set of grips for it.....and am considering the Tru-Dot Tritium sights.

yea there is alot of wank when it comes to shotgun ammo.

you can shoot anything through most shotguns... the slugs sit inside the wadding like a sabot so shape does not matter alot.

the fact remains though, they are not really any different than  conventional expanding shot slugs. the brass case is something i haven't seen though.

46-1.jpg

PT 92 AF and the re-shoed PT 101 AFS:

tJY4Es0.jpg

The one on the top, on the Beretta side of the world (these happen to be Taurus), is often referred to as "The Ghost"...

I Agree.

hogleg said:

Oh, that's cute. I like the propellers.  :rofl:

0000213_12ga-tango-shotgun-round_450_1_large.jpeg

Look up Cutting Edge Bullets Raptor or Lehigh Defense Controlled Fracture Bullets.

Ive seen first hand what the Lehigh bullets can do and its all kinds of nasty. I believe they both offer some in 50cal that could be used in "roll your own" shotgun slugs. I know lots of guys that shoot them in higher end muzzleloaders and everyone loves them.

.501 385gr made for 50 Beowulf
Controlled-Fracturing-500-385gr-Bullet-Rev-0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back