• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown!

Awesome. Sounds like fun. I only have one Thai plant growing anyway. Ghost is certainly going to get his wish of spreading this chile around the would.

Awesome! I am glad so many people want to get involved in this. I believe Scratch is going to post an official thread with instructions and rules today so that we can get moving on getting addresses together and start sending out seeds.

I won't be sending seeds with tracking info like I do with paid orders, they will be sent out regular USPS envelope to keep costs down for me. I have PLENTY of seeds, so the sooner I have your information the better. That way, if you don't receive them, I will have time to send out another pack. I think the deadline to sign up will be the 5th of Feb with the seed sowing date of Feb 15th.

If you are not concerned with knowing the competition details beforehand, you can go ahead and PM your information to me. Joyner's already jumped the gun and set the precedent, so why not?

(Just kidding with you Chris ;))
I have thick skin, too much surfing in the sun for last 25+ years. It will take more than words! Thanks for being the seed source and adding to my already large Thai collection.

Just to throw out a couple photos of what to expect. Here is one of my "office" prik kee nu plants. This one was started from seed Mid-November and has been under a 42W CFL ever since.

Untitled by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

This one was pulled out of the ground in October, cut back completely, and shoved in a 6 inch azalea pot. It is just starting to really bud up real heavy, also under the same 42W CFL since October.

Untitled by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

Man Thai plants have so many names, Google is NOT my friend in this case.

msg-7027-0-49179400-1353944285_thumb.jpg

msg-7027-0-32722400-1353944297_thumb.jpg

A few on my list this year

I notice you have a "prik key gnu - suan" there in the list. Looks pretty much like what I am sending out, but I still think mine are shorter and fatter than what is pictured there. I love thai's too, I wish I had more room for them.

You know that the translation means "Mouse Sh*t"

Yes, yes I do. I actually got these originally from a really nice, older gentleman who was a retired doctor. He visited Thailand quite often to do charity work there and he became obsessed with the local cuisine. He explained to me the cultural relevance of the pepper and where the name came from. He told me he brought the seeds back to the US sometime in the mid 70's and had been saving seed each year since. So mine are bound to be a bit different from what you have there.

Back