contest Growdown Throwdown 2017 Aji Lemon Drop!

hdfghgfdhdfgh.jpg
fhdsfhdfsgdsfg.jpg
dsfhdfshdfhd.jpg

For real...do not plant your seeds into miracle gro!!!!! Hahaha  I will be sowing my seeds on Feb 1 ;-)   <3

stettoman said:
Actually Dennis, you're only allowed one plant to compete. ;)
My understanding is that you can only use one plant for the contest,
but can grow as many as you want.  Does that mean one has to choose 
that plant upfront, or is it best of grow at the end of the season? At what
point does one choose the contest plant from the group of plants?  Guru?   :think:   

Pepper-Guru said:
Sure! You can either post a pic when you get them to confirm you're in the competition, or when you germinate. The hope is everyone is honest, just like in past grow downs. This one will depend on honesty for sure when we go to harvesting.  

Yep! Start date is Jan 1 2017 and the end date is Dec 31st 2017 

You can grow many plants, but only pick one for the competition to harvest and weigh! haha 

Glad everyone is digging it and joining in! This is gonna be a GOOD one!
Quote from post #47 page 3
You can grow many plants,but only pick one for the competition.

PaulG said:
point does one choose the contest plant from the group of plants?  Guru?   :think:   

At the time you weigh your first pod?  
At that time many of us will have several plants to choose from. Do you go with the larger specimen, or the mid-sized contender that is loaded to the gills with pods?    

Another question - I'm assuming the pods you weigh have to be nice and yellow and ripe?
Noah Yates said:

For real...do not plant your seeds into miracle gro!!!!! Hahaha  I will be sowing my seeds on Feb 1 ;-)   <3

Phfffffft, you Party Pooper!

NOW is exactly the time to double down and start talking about the liquid CO2 misting system you're building in the garage!  :D

mas_fuego said:
Put them on the dirt the evening of the 8th (today's the 12th)

Do I wait for the little leaves before I take them out of the dome and into the light?

Probably best to leave them in the warm, humid hatchery for another day. This will do the most good for the slower seeds.  But, yea, as soon as the little guy's leaves start to unfold, feed him some light ASAP. 

stettoman said:
Actually Dennis, you're only allowed one plant to compete. ;)

PaulG said:

Masher said:
I also read near the beginning....grow as many as you want.....but only one plant can be used for the competition.

Masher said:
Quote from post #47 page 3
You can grow many plants,but only pick one for the competition.

stettoman said:
Can't get away with being obtuse, can I... :tear:

PaulG said:
Okay, so I guess we just choose the most prolific
pod producer when things get rolling during harvest
time.

edit:  No, Eric   :rofl:

Geonerd said:
At the time you weigh your first pod?  
At that time many of us will have several plants to choose from. Do you go with the larger specimen, or the mid-sized contender that is loaded to the gills with pods?    

Another question - I'm assuming the pods you weigh have to be nice and yellow and ripe?

Phfffffft, you Party Pooper!

NOW is exactly the time to double down and start talking about the liquid CO2 misting system you're building in the garage!  :D

Plants can be chosen anytime from now up to before your first harvest, but not after the harvest. So yeah, sit there in the garden, drink a few, get a real hard look at your plants, choose "the one" and then harvest it. Weigh it and post it. No pod countin' either

Pepper-Guru said:
 Plants can be chosen anytime from now up to before your first harvest, but not after the harvest. So yeah, sit there in the garden, drink a few, get a real hard look at your plants, choose "the one" and then harvest it. Weigh it and post it. No pod countin' either
Okay, final word from the man hisself   :dance:

Back