• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting Grow Lights

Suezotiger said:
I haven't really seen any online that are worth it if you include shipping. I also didn't want to order bulbs online thinking they would be too fragile
Hmm, here they usually are far cheaper online and with a far better selection. Most large online bulb vendors sell the bulk tubes seperately (i.e. A Brown box without loads of text) instead of the fancy commercial/consumer packaging. They usually don't make a fuss about replacing damaged goods, as on line shops depend on good feedback. I think the saving is mostly on the premium tubes than on the cheap ones.

Pfeffer said:
Hmm, here they usually are far cheaper online and with a far better selection. Most large online bulb vendors sell the bulk tubes seperately (i.e. A Brown box without loads of text) instead of the fancy commercial/consumer packaging. They usually don't make a fuss about replacing damaged goods, as on line shops depend on good feedback. I think the saving is mostly on the premium tubes than on the cheap ones.

You're right, after posting that I looked online again and found them for as much as half off.  I think I forgot about them because they are mostly wholesale only, 25-36 bulb cases.

Here they have a dozen of online shops that sell individual tubes. Most are sold from European countries with lower VAT, wages etc to keep it cheap. I'm not sure they have the same thing in the US. But especially the expensive OSRAM and Philips tubes are far cheaper online (30-70%).

But the biggest advantage is that they usually don't carry inventory for premium 6500k tubes (usually it's 90% 3100k tubes and some cheap 6500k ones). On the online ones they even have different version of the same sized 6500k tube (more lumen, economie version with less energy consumption and lumen, for cold starts etc)

My T5 HO are all guiesmann but are from when I had planted aquaria. They had the best selection for color temperatures and where selected specifically for growing plants. I also use LEDs specifically the Blackstar 240s. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

D3monic said:
My T5 HO are all guiesmann but are from when I had planted aquaria. They had the best selection for color temperatures and where selected specifically for growing plants. I also use LEDs specifically the Blackstar 240s. I wouldn't trade them for anything.
This reminds me, when I was buying bulbs, I bought the 32w t8 @ 6500k for $10 a 2 pack. But I saw single 32w t8s labeled plant and aquarium that were 10 a piece. Couldn't find lumens or temp on them though. Is there a big difference?

Back