• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Grilled Pineapple Hab sauce

This is definitely my best sauce yet. Nice and sweet without being too sweet or tart, and some pretty decent heat. Not overwhelming but it lets you know when you've used too much. I'm really glad i decided to grill the pineapple as i think it really developed the pineapple flavor.

I used 13 orange habs, 1 sweet onion, 2 carrots, about 1/4 of a pineapple, 1/4 cup distilled vinegar, 1 tbsp. cayenne powder, and 1 tsp. sesame chili oil, salt and pepper. Also used water to get it to the consistency I wanted.

Ended up looking like this:
PineappleSauce-1.jpg

Y'all should come over and taste it lol.

Thanks guys. The pineapple flavor is immediate and the heat isn't far behind on this one. Going to have to try it tonight on some mac and cheese and see how the flavors have combined over night.

Can't wait til I have some super hots to play around with. I'm also looking forward to getting into stuff with a shelf life instead of what I have been making which is straight from the pan into the fridge lol.

After sitting in the fridge for a day the garlic flavor has moved up to the front a lot more, and the pineapple is just enough to add a fruity sweetness. It's still mighty tastey and plenty hot but I think next time I might cut back on the garlic a bit.

Back