• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse greenhouses

im looking for a good place to buy a greenhouse big enough to keep my peppers in during the winter.ill need probably a 20x20 maybe as big as 30x30.

For something that big, check out www.farmtek.com. They are great folks and have a VERY wide variety of greenhouses. This is where I got mine from. I would think that in AL you could easily get by without having a full polycarbonate greenhouse.

quick question im looking at either multiple small 10x8 green houses or on large 10x32 greenhouse it would be cheaper to get the one large greenhouse but is there a way to stop all the plants from crossing.if not ill have to get the multiple small ones.I was thinking that if i got the one big house I could section it off into 10 x 8 sections 4 sections with like plastic or someother material would this work?im asking bc i plan on starting to sell seeds this year and I want 100% pure seeds no mess ups.I would prefer to sell to people and have them not talk bad about me lol.

Well I cannot tell you my exact procedures, trade secrets and all, but you can definitely get to your goal with either solution. The one problem that I see in your future is the scorching heat down there in AL. I can tell you, with a polycarbonate greenhouse, when the outside temperature reaches 80 degrees it is going to be extremely difficult to keep the temperatures down to an acceptable level for peppers. I struggle with temperatures when its 60 outside if it is sunny. So this limits the amount of time that you can actually keep the plants isolated, too much ventilation is going to introduce opportunites for crosses to happen.

From the research I did before buying my greenhouse I found out that larger greenhouses are actually much easier to control environmentally, much more room for error and whatnot. I think the standard for greenhouses that far south usually involve roll up/down sides which will defeat the purpose. There are a ton of things to consider when building a greenhouse, I highly recommend you do your research and try to take some tours of local, professional greenhouses before you decide what type you are going to invest in.

If its just for winter then you really want something well insulated and easy to heat. If you want a multi-season greenhouse then you'll have to think about many more variables including good ventilation, shading, and cooling
If you can prevent pollinating insects from entering the greenhouse with screens etc.then you likely don't have to worry too much about cross-pollination, but I guess the more isolated the better

Jaderloon in Irmo, SC is a company that I would suggest.

Things to think about in the south. Coolpads are not efficient in high humidity areas. That is why most GH's are passively cooled. Drop wall systems are said to be the best. HAF fans are very good to have to help control heat.

If you talk to a manufacturer (Jaderloon, Stuppy, Clearspan, etc) they will help you with your plans and give you a good quote.

Back