• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Got some ribs...

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
...about to come off the smoker.

Yeahhhh a tamarind, ginger, whiskey rack with a touch of lime. Still has a hab/BBQ rub but marinated and mopped, and foiled with butter, fresh ginger, and the tamarind whiskey marinade.

Dang it... it's 04:14AM, but I'll eat that!

EDIT:
Oh man... you edited in some more info and now it sounds even more delicious-er! :D
I might even say... delicious-est! :lol:

Hehe. I guess I have to post pics now. Not yet! Still gotta let them finish and eat!

Too bad you don't have the reputation thing. would totally give you a point or two for those pics!

Haha this from the "piccies manana" KING!

Amerasian Baby Backs

Okay

Marinated, rubbed, smoked over hickory... then foiled and basically braised until falling off the bone. Not an American BBQ style more of an Asian style like braised short ribs but used baby backs and smoked first.

You can see the ginger pieces and the liquid is the tamarind whiskey slurry that was made after it mixed wit the rub, which was your average BBQ rub for seasoning and hab powder. The squeeze of a lime in the marinade.

Plated boneless with mint.

Attachments

• amerasian-rack-7-12-11.jpg
    amerasian-rack-7-12-11.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 89
  • amerasian-ribs-7-12-11.jpg
    amerasian-ribs-7-12-11.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 82
Thanks a lot!

Next time I'm serving over coconut rice and I think I'll add some finely sliced baby leek rings in the foiling. This came out really good.

Beautiful! I was planning to take a break from ribs and cook beef this weekend. After looking at those, I feel like staying up late and cooking baby backs tonight!

Awww and they have foo too.

Actually I took a bite of rib and mint together and it was really refreshing so it's not garnish. :)

Beautiful! I was planning to take a break from ribs and cook beef this weekend. After looking at those, I feel like staying up late and cooking baby backs tonight!

Go for it and post pics!

Interesting flavor profiles for ribs on the smoker. I have had ribs like that braised, but never smoked. I'm sure that added another layer of flavor to the ribs!

Back