• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Got Aphids? Other Pests? Or Fungal Diseases?

Ok, I'm going to have to find some. I came home today and they were all over my plants. I am tired of playing nice, I took the vacuum to the plants and then covered them in spray... I doubt that will do it but it should at least hold them back until I can get this miracle stuff. jerks...

Mite Control U.C.Davis

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7405.html

See Chemicals section.
Maybe the sulfur in that stuff kills the mites.Might not be the other stuff.

I had to do something, I was mad :hell: I got a fair amount and cleaned off he dead leaves hehe. Im not saying I would do it all the time but you never know, I might do it again later.

I vacuumed my plants :rofl:

That's great dude! Gotta be fun to do just to get some aggression out!
Hell. I'm doing it tonight.. :hell:

My original reason to post here tonight before I saw that funny story lol..

!!!TIP!!!

If you have more than one plant, hell, NO MATTER how many plants you have..

YOU NEED TO SPRAY EVERY SINGLE ONE.

I sprayed only the two of 18 I have inside and I checked every leaf on the other 16 before I sprayed the two..

Went to water them tonight, YEP. Id say a good 12 of the other 16 I didn't spray are COVERED. And I check out those plants atleast once a day. These MotherF***RS come out of no where! I swear if I had to banish a single insect from this world it would be aphids. Other than feeding ladybugs I do not see there point in existence. So now I gotta wake my ass up early tomorrow to go out in the near freezin weather to spray the rest of em down before work lol.. F***rs. Good luck Tfreak and SS
Brandon

I must say this stuff kicks butt... I figured if it dosen't work, I would return to HD. Well 4 oz a gallon, i did 1 oz to 40 oz in my small sprayer, all the lil bastards are brown and dead this morn. Now I guess I'll just take back the other stuff I bought. Thanks for the info. :beer:

I must say this stuff kicks butt... I figured if it dosen't work, I would return to HD. Well 4 oz a gallon, i did 1 oz to 40 oz in my small sprayer, all the lil bastards are brown and dead this morn. Now I guess I'll just take back the other stuff I bought. Thanks for the info. :beer:

Good to hear dude :cool:
Always good to hear some aphids got there asses handed to em.

Could someone tell me what HD stands for please?

I am new here and am not familiar with the abbreviation HD.

thank you
Balac

Well I gave this stuff a shot myself. I am 100% noob when it comes to growing and am giving it my first attempt. I moved my plants indoors and quickly had a few get sick and started dropping leaves and buds. One of the sick ones, which coincidentally began as my healthiest one, dropped so many leaves so fast it was insane. Couldnt find any critters on them at the time or fugus's or anything and had not changed up their food or anything. I tried a few things and the plant didn't get any worse but not any better either. Then as time passed I began finding white specs on my plants more and more and more of them. WHITEFLYS!!!! Shortly behind that I had a population explosion of aphids. Thousands of aphids and millions of whiteflys when things were at their peak. I ordered some of this stuff on recommendation from Cedar, it got here last Friday, I mixed it per the instructions for insects into a sprayer. Then I brought my plants outside vacuumed them and then sprayed them down pretty heavily. I got it on the tops and bottoms of leaves and everything.

Within the day I coudln't find and aphid anywhere on the plants that was alive ... there were dead ones all over stuck to the plants and it seemed the same with the whiteflys. I was going to take soem before and afters for Cedar but I don't have a camera good enough to be able to see the bugs to begin with so I skipped that.

Anyway, that all happened last Friday 11/25/2011. It is now 11/30/2011 and still not an aphid to be seen. It definitly seemed to deliver a pretty potent KO punch to the aphids. The whiteflys on the other hand are still around, however their numbers had to have been reduced by 90%. I am going to wait until Friday to make it exactly 7 days since the last application and I am going to spray them down again. I have a feeling after this second pass I will be bug free. This is some good stuff for sure.

I have bought the Bondie product also and have sprayed for whiteflies. They are mostly gone but down here in South Florida there is a never seen before mass of white flies that is on everything. I have never seen this before.

Alright, I'm holding this thread accountable for my Scorpions! I just found mites on my indoor peppers and rush ordered this stuff and a sprayer.

Back