• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Giant Pumpkin+veg. GLOG!!!

The pumpkin is still growing a bit everyday. Last night we got three weeks of rain in two hours. That should keep the garden happy for a little while.

I did rotate the pumpkin so the stem end is coming out parallel to the ground. The vine has put out root at almost every leaf.

Wow looks great! I would raise the vine near the stem a bit, just ever so slightly to accommodate for the growth. It could break, I've seen the pictures, no good. Sure is blowing up isn't it?

Do you have the pumpkin sitting on pine needles?

I've been a bit busy this week. The pumpkin has been slightly neglected. But there has been enough rain that the garden didn't need me.

It is sitting on pine needles. I went to some garden stores looking for straw, and all I found were pine. Since I have a pine tree nearby, I save my money and used local needles.

This pumpkin seems to be sticking the blossom end up while the stem is parallel to the ground.

RobbieWT said:
Visible changes are getting harder to detect, so I figured it was time to actually measure the pumpkin.

Circumference = 64.5"
End to End = 40.5"
Side to Side = 46"

Based on the equations here: http://www.bigpumpkins.com/viewarticle.asp?id=37

The OTT is 151.

The weight should be about 81 pounds.
Yes when you look at it every day it can be hard to see the changes.  I would put a tennis ball next to mine and leave it over night to see if it closed the gap.  Obviously tape measuring is the best way.  
Sounds like its going well!

Sorry about the lack of posts, just been busy this summer. Everything is growing good, tomato is about 2 foot tall now. Giant sunflower is about 5 feet and has a flower head. Nothing really going on, all my peppers died. Squash is throwing out 2-3 flowers everyday now, only one confirmed female flower lol. Hope all is well!

I took another measurement today.

Circumference = 65.5"
End to End = 41.5"
Side to Side = 47.75"

OTT = 154.75

87 pounds, maybe?

I should just call the thread "squash and stuff" lol. Here is my Yellow crookneck squash, first picture is a female that is going to open in the morning. She also will have a few males, it'll be my first squash ever so I look forward to it. There is a second female but she is weeks from being ready, I will be saving seeds so if anyone wants some hit me up!
ota665u.jpg

67HM2n0.jpg

vEIf2Ak.jpg

Bow chika bow bow

E5iG1hN.jpg

Female pollinated July 17th at 6am. I went ahead and used two males, just to maximize my chances, probably could have gotten away with using one. Anyways next picture should be of her getting bigger and heavier.

Sorry I have been camping. Yes, I also just pollinated a second one. Both have very visible growth. I am excited :D

n4vQrsO.jpg

Cucumber, giant tomato, Peach Bhut
L9DRxhx.jpg

Trust me I will save seeds from this beauty, my "Not Giant Sunflower" flower at exactly 4 feet (1.2m)

sXNvGuf.jpg

how are the pumpkins going now?

I've been looking at Ron Rahes glog, he grew the rahe 823, wich is the same as I did and crossed it with   a 1374 engel and its  395lbs after 30days!!!  doing 25lbs a day!  He's going to make a massive pumpkin!

I haven't measured the pumpkin in a while. A couple weeks ago we had a strong thunderstorm, with a 90 mph gust, that took out most of the leaves on the vines. Since then the weather has been hot and mostly dry. I'll try to measure the pumpkin in a day or two.

That's a great looking kin! I have a bunch of giant pumpkin seeds left over, all ranging from about 500-1000+ pounds. If you want any, feel free to shoot me a PM. I have too many seeds that I will never get to so I would rather give them to someone who will use them.

Do you remember where you got the seeds for that one? 

Back