• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Ghost Jelly Pork Chops

My wife is out of town so I get to make stuff at a heat level I prefer.  Grilled pork chops covered in Ghost Pepper jelly.

20141206_192210_zpsyktwrukt.jpg

Did you glaze the pork chops while cooking or added after? I have some pepper jelly made with habs and bhuts and am thinking about using as a glaze during last few minutes of cooking. Like you however, I have to wait until I'm home alone so I can cook to my heat level without the ears ringing :whistle:

Until then, I can still break out the pepper jelly and use on my meat after it's cooked.

Man that looks great !

Reminds me of doing a pork roast on the roto with an apricot pepper glaze...

Hawaiianero said:
Did you glaze the pork chops while cooking or added after? I have some pepper jelly made with habs and bhuts and am thinking about using as a glaze during last few minutes of cooking. Like you however, I have to wait until I'm home alone so I can cook to my heat level without the ears ringing :whistle:

Until then, I can still break out the pepper jelly and use on my meat after it's cooked.

I put the jelly on the pork chops after they were cooked.  If I put it on before they were finished I would do like you said and just put it on the top right before the cooking finished so I didn't burn the sugars in the jelly.

-Alden

Looks fantastic!  I take it you made your own jelly?  I love pepper jelly on pork.  I recently did some pork loin with Pex Pepper's Moruga Jelly.  

Awesome!

Even got the steam rising. :)

Back